In Helium 12, start the Database Management dialog (CTRL-D).
- Go to the Sql Server tab.
- Click New.
- Type .\sqlexpress (a dot, a backslash and sqlexpress) in the Sql Server instance name box.
- Leave Options at Windows authentication.
- Type a database name (anyone you like) in the Database box.
- Leave the Image cache folder option blank.
- Press OK.
A Sql Server database will now be created and after that Helium 12 will restart and connect to the new database.
- These instructions assume that you have installed SQL Server Express using the recommended settings in the Installing Sql Server Express help section.
- Please note that Helium requires Sql Server (Express) 2012 or higher.