If you experience that Helium runs slow, you can try these tips:
Graphics in Helium are rendered using hardware acceleration where available.
This means that if you use Helium over a remote connection such as Remote Desktop (RDP), no hardware acceleration will be available which will make some views run slower.
Some views are more graphic heavy than others, the better graphic card you have in your machine, the better the performance will become.
If you use background pictures, please note that very large pictures might make things run slower.
The same applies if you use blurring. Opacity will generally not affect performance.
- Use the most recent graphic card drivers
- Avoid background blurring if you experience that a detail view is slow
- If album/artist details are rendered slow for a certain album/artist, try to inactivate background pictures for that specific entry
- Artist details, with a lot of albums and tracks
- Statistics with a lot of data
- Migrate to MySQL/MariaDB or a SQL Server database
- If things are still running slow, try to inactivate anti-virus and similar scanning software
- Contact us for further assistance