Start a new topic

Genre features scope for premium

I would like to bye the premium version but I'm not sure that the genre support is what I expect. 

My tracks have multiple genres separated by slash (/). For example: "Swing/Electro Swing/Electronic"

• Does Helium recognize that there are three different genres?
  • Can I search for tracks with genre "Electronic" and get the example above?
  • And can any permium user post a screenshot from the genre view?

Thanks!

Hello,

The default separator character for multiple genres and lables in Helium is semi-colon, but it can be changed to slash or another character if needed.

>>Does Helium recognize that there are three different genres?

Yes. If you add one track with these genres, they will appear as individual genres in the Music Explorer and the Genres view

>>Can I search for tracks with genre "Electronic" and get the example above?

Yes

Here's a screenshot showing the Genres view, with Genre styles enabled

1 person likes this

Hello Mikael,

thank you for support.

The default separator character for multiple genres and lables in Helium is semi-colon, but it can be changed to slash or another character if needed.

In the files or in program? If there is the possibility I dont like to change the files, because other programs needs sadly the slash as separator. 

Thanks

Yes, the separator can be changed in the application so that no retagging will be needed.

1 person likes this

Cool, can you tell me how? I dont't find the option.

Please open up a support ticket for this via http://support.imploded.com so that we can give you further instructions.

1 person likes this
Just a quick question: Is the "MultipleGenreSplitChar" really a char or can I use a string here?

@Sven, yes it is a char despite stored as a string due to the JSON format.

Login or Signup to post a comment