Start a new topic

Album picture not found/loaded in wrong path

I got the following problem during an import and rename of a lot of files.

Mostly I have folders containing the cue files and album picture for each album, because EAC puts it there.

After the import, the album picture is loaded in the desktop application and the path in the mysql database is set correctly.

Then I rename the files which generates something like

\Music\2015\M\Artist - Album\CD 1

and the album picture is moved to the folder CD1, but the path in the database is set to 

\Music\2015\M\Artist - Album\*.jpg

I ticked the 'move remaining files' option, otherwise the .cue file will not be moved.

This is maybe related to

http://support.imploded.com/support/discussions/topics/9000045175

?

I get an error for each album when I want to write this picture to tags and the path for it is wrong. If i re-add the picture, it wilcopy the original one to the upper level and it works as intended.

How should this be handled?

What does the "force copy pictures to the specific folder during add" mean?

Hello,

First of all, does this remain with Helium 13.3 for you?

>>I get an error for each album when I want to write this picture to tags and the path for it is wrong. If i re-add the picture, it wilcopy the original one to the upper level and it works as intended.

From which view arou you invoking this function?

Can you please attach a fullsize screenshot of this?

>>Then I rename the files which generates something like \Music\2015\M\Artist - Album\CD 1

To be able to test this more efficient we would need a more detailed sample of how this can be reproduced, if possible with sample files and the exact folder structure you are using.

I would recommend you to open up a support ticket for this to avoid sharing files in the forum.

>>What does the "force copy pictures to the specific folder during add" mean?

This means that even if album picture files are found in the current folder, it will always be overwritten during an add update operation when updates for the current folder is found.

Ok I try to describe it as detailed as possible.

Version:

Rename Template:

\\NAS\Music\{{releaseyear}}\{{albumartist(1)}}\{{albumartist}} - {{album}}\{CD {cd}}\{{track(2)}} - {{artist}} - {{title}}{[{subtitle}]}{({remix})}

- Rename and move

- Move remaining files

I import the album by "Add files to library"

After tagging necessary field, I click on the album in album view and select rename files, applying the template above and that's it. If i lookup the folder structure, then I see that the picture is in the CD 1 folder and not one level higher. (screenshot right side). In the DB.tblalbums, the album picture path points to not to the Album folder, not the CD 1 folder.

I only noticed this, because the album picutres in Streamer were not loading and I thought it is not refreshing it's cache or something... but the artist pictures were loaded immediately.

After that i right click on the album in album view -> picture -> change picture and select the one which is in the moved directory under CD 1. This one gets then copied to the correct path and it shows up in streamer.

Thanks for the detailed description Alex.

We are curently testing this out.

Just a follow-up: We are currently working on a solution for this.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment