Start a new topic
Solved

System.Exception: Unable to initialize bass

Hi,

I installed the new version 3.2.2 from scratch but now i get this error if i want to play a file. Can you tell me what the problem might be?

2018-08-16 17:31:09.2022 ERROR An unhandled error has occurred. System.Exception: Unable to initialize bass. DllPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Imploded Software\Helium Streamer\bin\amd64 BASS ERROR CODE: BASS_OK ---> System.Exception: Could not initialize BassMix.
   at Streamer.Logic.Win.Bass.BassNetTranscoder.InitBass()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Streamer.Logic.Win.Bass.BassNetTranscoder.TranscodeFile(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, Int32 quality)
   at Streamer.Logic.Services.TranscodingService.Transcode(String source, String destination)
   at Streamer.Logic.Services.TranscodingService.GetStreamableFilename(Int32 trackId)
   at Streamer.Nancy.Modules.MediaModule.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object _)
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)
2018-08-16 17:31:51.5233 ERROR SignalR error: Error: Error during negotiation request. 
2018-08-16 17:31:51.8202 ERROR An unhandled error has occurred. System.Exception: Unable to initialize bass. DllPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Imploded Software\Helium Streamer\bin\amd64 BASS ERROR CODE: BASS_OK ---> System.Exception: Could not initialize BassMix.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Streamer.Logic.Win.Bass.BassNetTranscoder.TranscodeFile(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, Int32 quality)
   at Streamer.Logic.Services.TranscodingService.Transcode(String source, String destination)
   at Streamer.Logic.Services.TranscodingService.GetStreamableFilename(Int32 trackId)
   at Streamer.Nancy.Modules.MediaModule.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object _)
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Hi,

Seems like some dll:s might be missing in the installation. Let us have a look at this and we'll get back.

This bug has been fixed in Helium Streamer 3.3.4. More information here:

http://support.imploded.com/support/discussions/topics/9000045586

1 person likes this

thx!

hmm.. its transcoding but:

It randomly skips to the next track, not really reproducable.

Sometimes after 1-2 Minutes, sometimes after a few seconds.

If i click somewhere on the progress bar, sometime it works, sometime is jumps to the next track.

There are no logs in the log folder which i could provide

Hi,

This is something we have also experienced from time to time. It seems related to certain FLAC files but not all. Depending on how your FLAC files are encoded you may of course experience this problem on all your files, which is unfortunate.

We are currently looking at a solution for this. It may be that we need to change the transcoding component we use which involves a little more effort. We will report back to this thread as we have more information.

Hi,

thank you for the information. I tried to covert some albums to Wave or a other file format, but it's still the same. If I shall do any tests or share some info, i'd be glad do help.

Thanks for the follow-up. We are still investigating this. It's interesting to hear that the problem also happens on other file formats. This will help us in our troubleshooting.

This issue has been solved in the most recent beta release of Helium Streamer (3.3.6).

Login or Signup to post a comment