Start a new topic
Answered

Trouble splitting genres

I use MusicBrainz Picard for all my tagging, and added Last.FM genre tags as secondary genre tags. Many of my files are tagged with multiple genres. I'd like to use the first Genre as a category, and all of the others as regular genres. When I import my files, all of the genres are compressed into one field. files are showing with genres like this; <Genre1><Genre2><Genre3><Genre4>. This means, I pretty much have one genre per track.

How do I go about splitting these genres in Helium? I believe I also have some other tags with similar problems, but I'm stuck on Genres right now. I'm guessing that the solution for Genres will translate to these other items.

Any help appreciated, even if it's just which features I should be looking at.
Helium 13.0.1.4943.0
Windows 10 Home Build 17127.rs4_release.180318-0047
2.4 GHz i5
8GB Ram
256MB SSD
Library on external WD 4TB Passport
MariaDB 10.2 (Local)
Full Library not imported yet (132,596 tracks, 1850.48GB)

Best Answer

Hi,

Helium supports multiple genres. In the Tag Editor you can click on the three dots (...) by the genre field:

Hope this helps.

Answer

Hi,

Helium supports multiple genres. In the Tag Editor you can click on the three dots (...) by the genre field:

Hope this helps.

This is what my Edit Multiple Genres shows me. I'm really hoping to not have to edit all of my tracks individually.

Helium 13.0.1.4943.0
Windows 10 Home Build 17127.rs4_release.180318-0047
2.4 GHz i5
8GB Ram
256MB SSD
Library on external WD 4TB Passport
MariaDB 10.2 (Local)
Full Library not imported yet (132,596 tracks, 1850.48GB)

We would love if you could share one of these files with us so we can have a look at them. By the picture it looks like there is no spacing between the genres at all. If that is the case, it will be very hard to solve but hopefully there is some hidden character there which we may be able to use.

You can contact us privately to send us a file which have multiple genres like the one you show in your picture. Please try and find a file which you haven't edited in Helium, if possible.

Login or Signup to post a comment