Start a new topic
Answered

"One of more files could not be added" when scanning in music library

Hi,

I'm a new user of Helium and have run into an issue during the initial scanning in of my music library.

I am running Helium 13.0.14943.0 on Win10 x64. I have configured the database to be MySQL which is a MySQL 5.6 DB residing on a Windows Server 2012 R2 box on my local network. My music library is also on the Windows Server 2012 R2 box and access by \\server\share pathing.

The bulk of my music library scanned in just fine (15720 tracks, 522 albums, 915 artists) however I got an error message "One of more files could not be added. Please see the log-file for further details".

The errorfiles.txt lists 126 files. Most are complete albums, but not all. Some are groups of 3-4 tracks from an album where the rest of the album scanned in fine.    The problem I'm facing is that there is no indication of why these files failed to be added, or how to rectify the issue, let alone where to even start looking?

The problem doesn't appear to be related to file name lengths as the full file name, including full path, of some of the files is only 72 characters.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Best Answer

The sent file contained doubled ID3v2 tags as well as broken tag-frames thus it could not be read.

Manually clearing tags partially helped.

Hello,

I would recommend you to share one or more files generating these problem with us so that we can analyse these in further detail.

Please open a support ticket at http://support.imploded.com to avoid sharing the files in public.

Thanks. Opening ticket now.

Answer

The sent file contained doubled ID3v2 tags as well as broken tag-frames thus it could not be read.

Manually clearing tags partially helped.

Login or Signup to post a comment