Start a new topic
Solved

Some things not working for me in Helium 13

Some things are not working for me in Helium 13 (build 13.0.14892.0)

For starters whenever I use Advanced Tag edit mode, it crashes. Doesn't matter what I do. When I hit that OK button it crashes. Tried to submit the automated bug report, but not sure if that is working either.

The other thing that is not working is 'Filename to tag'  Inserting field in the template is hit and miss. Using elements (typing it in the available field) like {{track(2)}} are unrecognized by the engine.

Some times screen does not refresh when using the Back button ( <-). There used to be a Refresh (F5) option in Helium 11, but it seems to be lost in action.

I'm really trying hard to use the latest version. But it is buggy and slow. Makes me long for Helium 11.

Here's more:

Selecting a track and hitting  Control+R  to rename tag simply deletes track title.

In Genre, Split genres on separate lines: Entering:

" Pop

Rock

Blues"

produces:

"Pop

Rock

Blues

"

or "Pop;;Rock;;Blues;" in one line view.

Disregard my previous reference to:

Selecting a track and hitting  Control+R  to rename tag simply deletes track title.

User error. Also, it seems that  

The other thing that is not working is 'Filename to tag'  Inserting field in the template is hit and miss. Using elements (typing it in the available field) like {{track(2)}} are unrecognized by the engine.

is my mistake in interpreting things.

Hello,

>>For starters whenever I use Advanced Tag edit mode, it crashes. Doesn't matter what I do. When I hit that OK button it crashes. Tried to submit the automated bug report, but not sure if that is working either.

Which view are you working from when this happens?

Does the standard Tag editor worj for you or does it also generate errors?

Another thing worth to try is to create a new small database with just a few albums.

If the error does not occurs with this database, the issue is most likely database related.

If that's the case, please open a support ticket at http://support.imploded.com for further assistance with this.

>>Some times screen does not refresh when using the Back button ( <-). There used to be a Refresh (F5) option in Helium 11, but it seems to be lost in action.

We have not seen nor heard about this.

After a few basic tests we could not force this to happen.

Doe you have a specific case this always happens with?

>>In Genre, Split genres on separate lines: Entering:

This is not an issue. Multiple genres are stored as a semicolon separated list on tags for compatibility reasons/due to standards.

>>This is not an issue. Multiple genres are stored as a semicolon separated list on tags for compatibility reasons/due to standards.

Please notice the double carriage returns and double semicolons in my previous post.

(Thanks for the fast response) I will try and see if the previous problem are due to possible database corruption - as per advice.

Thanks for the clarification about the extra separators related to the genre editing.

This will be improved in our next release.

If you would like to try it directly, please contact us at http://support.imploded.com

So what is the solution to Hmm crashing every time you hit finish in the "Advanced Tag Editor"?, it happens to me as well.

Helium Music Manager 13.0.14892
MS-SQL Server 2017

I have created a new database with 1 album using SQL Server Compact and SQL Server, the problem persists with both.

I have set the remote query timeout to 0 (no timeout) within SQL Server itself.

Logs are:

2017-12-29 10:16:48.4357|ERROR|MyLogger|UpdateTagsInDatabase:*** UPDATE TAGS IN DATABASE MASTER TOOK: 2874 (Full Database)
2017-12-30 09:46:25.0583|ERROR|MyLogger|UpdateTagsInDatabase:*** UPDATE TAGS IN DATABASE MASTER TOOK: 369 (One Album Database)

only difference between the multiple logs are the timestamps and the time the query took.

The crashes do not occur when using the "Normal" tag editor.

I have also deleted all the .Json files in the Helium 13 folder and let the software to re-create them on startup, it didn't help.

@Raymond:

Can you please open a support ticket at http://support.imploded.com so that I can share a version with extended logging with you?

After you have tested with that version and shared the logs with me, I will be able to give you a more detailed answer.

Thanks in advance.

Login or Signup to post a comment