Start a new topic

A few questions about the program

Hello ! There were a few questions. I would be grateful for the answers to them.

1). And what fields when filling tags in mp3 (or in another music file) are stored (written) in the file itself, and which ones are not written to the file, but are written only to the database of the program?

Can a specific list of tags and / or fields for better understanding?

2). What tagging settings are needed in the Foobar player so that when using the foo_discogs plug-in (updating and recording tags from the discogsc.com database), how many more tags recorded by this plug-in can be correctly displayed in Helium Music Manager?

3). Plugin / s does not work for uploading information about the artist, album and downloading covers for discogs, etc., what could be the matter? , in the new version of the program plug-ins for discogs.com, amazon, etc. to collect information about the album, the artist is working fine?

4). Why is the plug-in for discogs.com inaccessible in the latest version of the program? with what it is connected.

5). The name of the tag fields of ID3 v.1.1, v.2.3 / 2.4, ape v2, vorbis and Lyrics is the same as the standard or is there a difference and which ones?

Version Helium Music 10.1 (build 12350).

I apologize for the English translation by an interpreter

And another question:

If there are already tags in the file (ID3 v1.1, 2.3, 2.4 or ape v2 or Vorbis or Lyrics) by another program for recording tags (mp3Tag or the like) or a plug-in (for example for the player Foobar), then during editing and subsequent recording tags in Helium Music, the tag field values ​​are updated (overwritten) or added? and does the name of the fields of the rewritable tags change (depending on the settings in the program)?

I want to understand the logic of the extended editor of tags in Helium.

Ie the situation is the following for example I updated (written down) the tags in Foobar, then edited in Helium, then opened in another program and some tags are not displayed or displayed, but in other fields, because the name of the tag fields may not match the m / programs, ie the issue of compatibility for the correct display of tags in different programs.

Hello,

First of all, please note that Helium 10 is a discontinued product. At the momen Helium 12 is our "current" version and version 13 will soon be released.

These versions are no longer based on our old platform used in Helium 11 and earlier versions, this we can no longer support these versions fully.

Answers/comments to your questions follows below:

1) All fields that you can change in a tag editor is stored on tags. 

2) I can unfortunately not answer this since I have no experience in this specific plug-in. Possibly some user in this forum might know more.

3 & 4) Discogs have changed their APIs, the same applies to other plug-in source, thus they are no longer supported in old Helium versions.

5) These names shall follow the standards. 

>>I want to understand the logic of the extended editor of tags in Helium.

Helium always read all existing fields and expose the ones that are editable for editing. The other fields will be preserved-as is during saving.

This means that some fields might not show up, depending on if they follow standard naming conventions or not.

Some fields can be mapped for reading, which requires a Premium version.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I hope that on the rest of the questions I'll get an answer / s

>>I want to understand the logic of the extended editor of tags in Helium.

Helium always read all existing fields and expose the ones that are editable for editing. The other fields will be preserved-as is during saving.

This means that some fields might not show up, depending on if they follow standard naming conventions or not.

Some fields can be mapped for reading, which requires a Premium version.

Hmm , And it is possible more in detail? What are the specific tags (fields, frames)?

Thanks for the prompt answer to the question.

But can this question be more fully elucidated?

And I hope to receive an answer to other questions

>>But can this question be more fully elucidated?

Which specific question does this relate to, from your points list?

>>And I hope to receive an answer to other questions

If you need further help from our development team, please open a support ticket at http://support.imploded.com.

Be sure to include your registered username and/or email, since we are only giving support to registered customers for older versions of Helium.

A list of supported tag frames (ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis, APEv2, M4*, WMA, WAV) is available from the following link:

http://support.imploded.com/support/solutions/articles/9000136641-supported-tags-fields

Login or Signup to post a comment