Start a new topic
Answered

Picture thumbnails

Hello,

I frequently restore my Helium environment which is SQL Server based and includes a SAN.  I have all my photos on a mapped drive share and do not change them.  However when I reinstall Helium, even though I change the pictures paths to point to the existing files for Album, Artist, Label, they don't show up in the interface.  If I choose to view the original from the interface the image is there, but the list in the browsers don't show them anymore.

This has bothered me a while and I thought I would ask how to fix it.I also ran the scripts for albums and restarted the app to build the cache and they aren't showing up. 

Is there a secondary location where the thumbnails are built and configured that wasn't restored or something?  How does one get them back?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello,

>>Is there a secondary location where the thumbnails are built and configured that wasn't restored or something?  How does one get them back?

You can check which image cache path that's used for your current database by opening Library management (File > Library management) and check that value in the "Image cache folder".

What you can try is to:

1) Open Windows explorer and navigate to the image cache path

2) Close Helium

3) Delete all subfolders in the image cache folder (step 1)

4) Start Helium

Helium will now regenerate all cache images from the original pictures stored in your database.

Will this help?

Answer

Hello,

>>Is there a secondary location where the thumbnails are built and configured that wasn't restored or something?  How does one get them back?

You can check which image cache path that's used for your current database by opening Library management (File > Library management) and check that value in the "Image cache folder".

What you can try is to:

1) Open Windows explorer and navigate to the image cache path

2) Close Helium

3) Delete all subfolders in the image cache folder (step 1)

4) Start Helium

Helium will now regenerate all cache images from the original pictures stored in your database.

Will this help?

Thank you Mikael, I had never looked at that option.  That path has carried from another machine and that path was invalid all this time.  I changed it to a valid path and it's fine now.  I didn't realize it was in the database and not a local config.

So what was happening for anyone else, the path was pointing to an appdata for a user that had a different directory.  When I copied it around to different machines and then rebuilt this one, it was different.

Thanks!

Where is that path located in the database? I am not seeing a single row or column for it.

Thanks!

found it dbo.tblTexts

it's in a keyvalue pair

Great, you were quicker in your reply than I was :)

Login or Signup to post a comment