Start a new topic

First news about Helium 13

Some of the news in our upcoming Helium version, 13, are now official.

Read more about them from the link below:

https://implodedsoftware.wordpress.com/2017/08/23/news-about-helium-13/

1 person likes this

Hallo Mikael

Wie lange wird es noch dauern bis eine Version von Helium13 rauskommt?

Ich finde Helium12 recht langsam, im Augenblick arbeite ich mit der 11,

die 12ver aktualisiere ich immer mal wieder, aber dann mach ich sie aus und nehm Helium 11

Liebe Grüße 

Ferdi

Hello Ferdi,

At the moment we have no exact release date set. There are still a lot of things that needs to be completed before we can release it.

Hopefully we will soon release a first beta version.

If you have any specific performance issue you would like us to review in detail, please contact us at http://support.imploded.com.

Be sure to include information of which operating system, database type and number of tracks in your database

I think version 12 should be brought up to the level of version 11, before a version 13 is created. Compared to HMM 11, HMM 12 is still a beta version.

I am still using a third party software to strip pictures from flac files, as Helium is so slow. I would like to see more emphasis on tagging features and less on the library features.

@Chris Cook: Thanks for your input. Are you looking for a specific function to remove pictures for FLAC files or would you like to see it integrated into any of the Tag editors?

You might recall you created a script to strip pictures from tags for me, but it is painfully slow. I mentioned to you a third party software that seems to do this almost instantly. So tag editor or a script that works speedily - either would be fine for me. The process is not helped by the fact that I do not appear able to select the Pictures field as a column in the Explorer mode when I import files for tagging. As many of the files I import do not have embedded artwork, it would speed things up to just highlight those that do, and run the script on just those files.

Sorry I should have mentioned one other thing. Is it possible to rename files and copy them into the Music Library, and then have Helium update just those folders, rather than the whole Library.

@Chris: Not sure if this is what you request, but you can update a specific folder and it's subfolders by right-clicking the path (under the Library root) in the Music Explorer and select "Update folder".

Another way to do this is to select only the specific folder(s) you would like to update from the Update library tool, by drilling-down the tree until you find your path and then checkmarking it.

Yes I understand that I am able to update individuaL folders. But say for example if I have just added thirty albums by different artists, it is more work than just updating the whole library. What I was requesting is that folders are automatically updated when they change/are added to.

@Chris: We have no support for "watchers" which listen to changes in a specific folder when modified externally. This is nothing that have existed earlier neither. What we had earlier was the possibility to select one or more folders to be updated automatically in the background automatically. Possibly that's what you are looking for?

The downside with that function is that it will block the possibility to execute other tools (as in earlier Helium versions), for example tagging, renaming and analysing.

>> Is it possible to rename files and copy them into the Music Library, and then have Helium update

>> just those folders, rather than the whole Library.

Well, this is a real nice idea...

Right now we have two settings in the rename tool:

1) copy or move files

2) move remaining files

It would be fantastic, if we could get a third setting:

3) add the renamed files to the library

@Sven: It sounds more like an option than a new "mode". A checkbox like "Add files not contained in the Library to the Library" could solve this I think?

IMO: It should be possible to use this setting in combination with the two rename modes.

In den letzten Jahren ist, wie fast überall, ein beschleunigter Versionswechsel zu beobachten, warum eigentlich? Zugegeben, die Verpackung von Helium 12 ist aufgehübscht, aber genau wie Ferdi, habe ich die 12er zwar gekauft, aber genutzt wird ausschließlich die 11er. Warum, Helium 12 ist unerträglich langsam und alle Updates haben das Problem nicht beseitigt.

Ich hoffe doch, das Problem ist in Version 13 beseitigt worden.

Gruß Fred

@Chris Cook:

> Is it possible to rename files and copy them into the Music Library, and then have Helium update

> just those folders, rather than the whole Library.

This will be possible in Helium 13.

@Mikael Stalvik:

You might recall you created a script to strip pictures from tags for me, but it is painfully.

I guess the "problem" is, that you're tagging in a kind of "safety-mode", where the whole file is rewritten. Most other tagging-tools only change the tags in the existing files.

So getting an option to switch between "safe- and fast-modes" would come in handy...

@Fred Mueller:

Was genau ist denn unerträglich langsam? Ohne genauere Infos ist es schwer, da per Update etwas zu verbessern...

Login or Signup to post a comment