Start a new topic
Implemented

Collection/volume option

In Helium 11 when I add a dvd with mp3 I put the name of the disc by collection/volume option and then in the music explorer I can select the collection/volume, I like to see this option in Helium 12. Thanks

Imagen4.jpg
(186 KB)
Imagen2.jpg
(268 KB)

Depending on what you have collected on your DVDs, you could use "album collections" to achieve something similar.
But this will only do, when the music is attached to releases on each disc.

Maybe it would be a good idea, to add an option during the "Add music" step to add all new releases to an "album collection"?!

The old collection/volume model was a real performance killer - that's why this has been removed... and shouldn't come back (at least not in the way it was implemented).

Just as Sven M says, the olf collection/volume system was a performance killer which locked us into solutions which was not possible to extend any further.

Therefore we have no plans to reintroduce that exact system.

Thanks for the answer Sven and Mikael, "Maybe it would be a good idea, to add an option during the "Add music" step to add all new releases to an "album collection"?!" I hope you will add something like this in the future, in the meantime I will continue with Helium 11.4, thanks again and thanks for your fantastic software.

We are currently reviewing some new things related to this for our next version. They are currently in a prototyping phasis so we cannot say which exact solution we will implement yet. More information will follow soon.

This will be included in the first beta of Helium 13. Please see our announcement for more details.

Login or Signup to post a comment