Start a new topic
Implemented

Playlists: ask the user before removing folders/playlists

Today I removed a folder by accident (I wanted to rename it...) - and it had lots of sub-folders and playlists in it.

I was really shocked when I saw it was gone... luckily all subfolders and playlists still existed in the database, so I only had to re-create the folder-entry in the database and everything was OK again...

But nevertheless I think Helium should ask the user, before removing (non-empty) folders/playlists.

Implemented in the upcoming 12.4 release. 

By the way: when removing a folder, all subfolders and playlists should be removed too.
(Even though I was happy, they haven't been deleted...)

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a "trash bin" at the bottom of the window, where the removed items will be put and from where they could be deleted?

>>Maybe it would be a good idea to create a "trash bin" at the bottom of the window, where the removed items will be put and from where they could be deleted?

This will be something to review after 12.4.

>>By the way: when removing a folder, all subfolders and playlists should be removed too.

Yes, of course they will be. The warning now mentions this this so it should be handled.

>>>>Maybe it would be a good idea to create a "trash bin" at the bottom of the window, where the

>>>>removed items will be put and from where they could be deleted?

>>This will be something to review after 12.4.

Of course, that's nothing for the upcoming release.

By items I meant only playlists, I guess it's not necessary to put folders in the trash bin...

>>>>By the way: when removing a folder, all subfolders and playlists should be removed too.

>>Yes, of course they will be. The warning now mentions this this so it should be handled.

So you changed the behavior? As I mentioned, they haven't been removed from the database in my case... (built 14666)

>>So you changed the behavior? As I mentioned, they haven't been removed from the database in my case... (built 14666)

Yes. I'm a few versions ahead of the RC at the moment, doing final fixes for the official release... I cannot share a version at the moment though, due to several component updates which are not completed.

No problem.

Login or Signup to post a comment