Start a new topic
Solved

Helium 12.4.14648.0 Issues

I started using 12.4.14648.0 a few days ago, and for the most part am happy with the changes, although I have noticed a few things

First off the play controls while in advanced track editor don't work

Secondly, the Graphic Position Bar does not track the songs progress (on any of its options i.e. waveform, spectrogram etc.)

Lastly, I don't know if this is by design but any time I open a track to edit or gets played, it creates a copy of each tracks album cover in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp, so if i open an album with 16 tracks in it to edit, it creates 16 copies of the album cover in the temp folder, sadly this isn't a folder that running "Disc Cleanup" accesses so the files have to be manually deleted, and in my case the other day (before realizing it) they amounted to almost 400GB (on a 512GB SSD)

These are the bugs?, I have been able to identify so far, the software crashes more often than version 12.3 but it doesn't list a reason for the crash, I have had to delete the helium.json file twice since installing, I attempted to roll back to 12.3, but 12.3 would no longer open, so had to go back to 12.4 (probably too many fundamental changes to the way the software works vs. 12.3, memory allocation and calls etc., and didn't feel like hunting down the file preventing the rollback)

I am Using Window 10 Pro 1703 (15063.296)

MSSQL Server 2016

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

>>First off the play controls while in advanced track editor don't work

>>Secondly, the Graphic Position Bar does not track the songs progress (on any of its options i.e. waveform, spectrogram etc.)

We have been trying to reproduce this (although with a little later not yet released version), and in this version there are no problems.

Are you using WASAPI or DirectSound?

All our tests were performed on Win10x64 with a Sql Server 2016 database.

>>Lastly, I don't know if this is by design but any time I open a track to edit or gets played, it creates a copy of each tracks album cover in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp, so if i open an album with 16 tracks in it to edit, 

Thanks for pointing this out. Temp files shall be cleaned after they have been used, we will analyse this further to ensure that it works properly.

>>These are the bugs?, I have been able to identify so far, the software crashes more often than version 12.3 but it doesn't list a reason for the crash,

We noticed some automated crash reports which might have come from you. 

They seem to have related to the specific SqlServer setup and was caused by timeouts and incorrect data.

You could review your timeout setting (and increase it if neccesary) to see if it helps.

If you would like to test our most recent internal test version, please open a support ticket at:http://support.imploded.com and we will send you the version.

By doing further tests with that version we can see if some specific issue remains on your machine and help you to sort it out.

Thank you for the prompt reply, I have included a screenshot (Screenshot (1).png) displaying the graphic bar issue, as you can see the song is almost 2 minutes into play, but the entirety of the bar is grey (not tracking song play progression), I am currently using Direct Sound (Soundblaster recon3d)

which sql timeout? execution timeout is set to 0 (unlimited-no timeout), remote query timeout is set at 600 seconds

after second inspection relating to album covers, the song that is currently playing does indeed get cleared after play, but tracks edited in the advanced editor do not clear after editing has finished. (Screenshot (2).png 17 tracks are still open in editor so their pictures are in the folder, however the 2 previous albums i opened in the editor (for demonstrative purposes), their pictures are still in the temp folder)

Thanks for your reply.

We were able to reproduce the player issues when using DirectSound, which we will analyse further.

Generally Wasapi is recommended to use since it will use hardware mixing instead of software mixing and therefore consume less CPU.

We have also corrected the cleanup of pictures from the Advanced tag editor for the next release.

>> remote query timeout is set at 600 seconds

Try to set it to zero also to see if it helps.

If you have some specific pattern that always will generate a crash, please let us know about the required steps and we will be able to assist you further.

UPDATE:

The playback issues with DirectSound is now fixed.

If anyone would like a new test version with these fixes, please contact us at: http://support.imploded.com

The next public release is planned to the mid of June.

Login or Signup to post a comment