Start a new topic
Answered

sort and save playlist

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. I cannot manage to sort a playlist after I've added tracks. Yes, I can shuffle ... but cannot, for example, reset to Artist > Album > Current Track order. In some views, I can "Toggle edit mode", but can find anything to edit. I can view playlist "Properties..." but there are none. What am I missing?

Best Answer

If this issue appears with Helium 12.4, please send us a reproduction guide to http://support.imploded.com.

We did some tests and could not reproduce this.

Answer

If this issue appears with Helium 12.4, please send us a reproduction guide to http://support.imploded.com.

We did some tests and could not reproduce this.

Thanks, Mikael, for pointing this out. Yes, I can now sort by a single column in the latest 12.4. Where can I find any plans for further playlist sort functionality?

It would be nice to have better sort control (for example first by album, then by track number -- which is not currently possible. As a work-around, clicking first on Current Track, and then on Album does not work as I expect -- See screenshot). Import playlists would be nice (for example from HMM 11 or iTunes).

Thanks!
gg

Thanks for the update GiacomoCo. Good to hear that it works now.

>>Where can I find any plans for further playlist sort functionality?

Any community driven suggestions for features are available from here:

http://support.imploded.com/discussions/forums/9000130381

Please note that if a feature is larger it sometimes needs to be updated by multiple users before we decide to implement it or not.

>>It would be nice to have better sort control 

This is currently not planned, it is nothing that we have had available in earlier versions neither.

What you can try is to perform the desired sort by clicking the first column, then shift-click on the second column to apply multi-sorting.

>>Import playlists would be nice (for example from HMM 11 or iTunes).

If you import a Helium 11 database, all playlists will automatically be imported.

If you would like to import specific playlists from Helium 11, try to export them to M3U or PLS and then import these playlists into Helium 12.

iTunes importing is something we may consider for a future version (in theory it can already be done via a script)

Thanks for the "shift-click" tip, to sort within the prior sort category.
Unfortunately I cannot apply such a change permanently to a playlist...

Regarding my "import" comment. I only meant that on HMM11, I can easily "import playlist" and select any M3U text-file playlist that I have on disc. But this simple "import playlist" does not yet exist in HM12.4.14699. I hope it's on the short-list of enhancements ... At least for me, I don't need anything more complex than this.

>>Unfortunately I cannot apply such a change permanently to a playlist...

We will review this further. Meanwhile, try to apply the shift+click sorting, then move one item manually That might work.

>>But this simple "import playlist" does not yet exist in HM12.4.14699. 

Try this:

1) Tools > Run script

2) Double-click Playlists folder

3) Select Import playlists and click OK

That should allow you to import playlists as in Helium 11.

Login or Signup to post a comment