Start a new topic
Answered

Change MySQL options

Under Helium 12 message is showing up „Change MySQL options“. That message at each start is really annoying. Can we stop it or showing up only once a month?
I‘ve really tried to change MySQL buffer size etc since months but it doesn’t work. No matter what I do to change the values under workbench or under mysql.ini but I can’t save the change or I saved somehow the ini but mysql is not running anymore (wrong ini) or it says database is corrupted. (I‘ve tried to change MariaDB too but same effect). I tried it over and over but it didn’t happen. What is wrong here?

Best Answer

We have noticed that MySql tends to revert some settings (MariaDb especially) sometimes after a longer usage which can lead to this warning dialog.

Helium 12 will continue to work, but generally a restart of the service is recommended for this case, hence this warning is shown.

We cannot answer why MySql/MariaDb does this since we have no access to their source code.

The good news is that this warning dialog is implemented as a "Do not show again" dialog in Helium 12.4, meaning that you can decide if you are not interested in this warning again.

Answer

We have noticed that MySql tends to revert some settings (MariaDb especially) sometimes after a longer usage which can lead to this warning dialog.

Helium 12 will continue to work, but generally a restart of the service is recommended for this case, hence this warning is shown.

We cannot answer why MySql/MariaDb does this since we have no access to their source code.

The good news is that this warning dialog is implemented as a "Do not show again" dialog in Helium 12.4, meaning that you can decide if you are not interested in this warning again.

Hi,
I just updated my mysql.ini on my Synology-Nas and switched from MariaDB 5 to MariaDB 10.
As I checked "Do not show again" in the past I cannot see if everything meets Helium's requirements now.
How can I revert this dialog so that it appears again (in case something's wrong)?

Thanks and best regards
Daniel

Hello,

The there's no automated way to restore all "Do not show again" messages, but you can do it by:

1) Close Helium

2) Opening helium.json in a text editor

3) Locate "DoNotShowAgainValues": {

4) Delete the text starting with the quote until },

1 person likes this
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.
Where should helium.json be located?
I did not find it yet.

Thanks.

It is located under your user account:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Imploded Software\Helium 12