Start a new topic
Answered

incomplete tagging - write protection

I don’t know since when this phenomene to running but I tagged albums – but helium does not show the new tagging. I think I realized the problem. It is when the files have a write protection. Only the first track seems to be changed. I haven’t realized that at the beginning of Helium 12. Has it changed? Can we add „changed files under writing protection too“ to the options?

Best Answer

If you are using the Advanced Tag Editor, it is a known and fixed issue (not yet released).

The reason was caused by the optimized save algorithm which saves only files that are actually changed.

This setting should always be active and has been implemented since the first Helium 12 releases.

We tried to reproduce your problem the following way:

1) Created a new database and added one album with read-only files

2) Opened the files in the Tag editor, applied Release year, recording year and release type

3) Saved changes

4) After the jobs were applied, inspected all the files via Properties

All new fields were properly tagged.

I would recommend you to open a support ticket for this specific case at http://support.imploded.com for further analysing (we will assist you in getting extended logging and things which will help us to analyse your specific issue in detail)

Ok, currently it's running under 12.3. I have switched between Helium 12.2, 12.3 and 12.4 beta in the last time.  I just wanted to open a ticket but I just realized that this phenome seems to be a part of 12.4 beta! Please see attached screenshot.You still want a ticket for the beta?

gif
(177 KB)
Answer

If you are using the Advanced Tag Editor, it is a known and fixed issue (not yet released).

The reason was caused by the optimized save algorithm which saves only files that are actually changed.

Aha. Yes, I used the Advanced Tag Editor.

gif
(184 KB)
Login or Signup to post a comment