Start a new topic

Synchronize releases with smartphone

What I would like to do:

• Synchronize releases (tracks) with my smartphone.

What would be needed:

• On PC: at least Helium 12, maybe Helium Streamer 3
  • On Android: Helium Streamer app, a new Helium Sync app or a new Helium Player app

How would this be possible (a quick'n'dirty draft):

• In Helium 12:We need some options, like "Convert synced files to format xyz", "Use replay gain" ("Cache path")
  • A new function "Sync to device" / "Remove from device", which will mark releases (maybe also tracks?) to be synced / removed
    --> The files should be converted in the background into the cache
    ?? Or would it be better to convert files on the fly during synchronization ??
  • Synced releases could be marked by a small overlay icon (yellow -> marked to sync, green -> synced to device, red -> marked to remove from device)

In database:

• A new table is needed: tblsynctrack_x_user:
    SynctrackXUserPK | User_ID | Detail_ID | Status
    Status: 1 -> marked to sync, 2 -> ready to sync (the file has been converted), 3 -> synced (the file is on the device), 4 -> marked to remove from device

In the app:

• When the app connects, it asks for old tracks to remove and new tracks to sync.

The idea is good but Sync to a device didn't work in the past. Sync to a folder would be enough for me.

No, since I don't use playlists to re-build my releases, this wouldn't help a lot.
But if I could (de-)select releases to be "offline available", this would be helpful.

What I would need:
  • set the data-folder to my sd-card
  • define some kind of folder structure: {{albumartist-so|Various Artists}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{cd}'}{{track(2)}}. {{artist(48)}} - {{title(64)}}{ ({subtitle(64)})}{ [{remix}]}
  • apply replay gain: none, track or album

What I would like:
  • select the format the files are transcoded into before pulling onto the device
  • when outside of a WLAN: select wether to make offline available immediately or when back on WLAN

Would an offline mode for playlists in the Helium Streamer app for Android be sufficient?

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment