Start a new topic
Solved

Showing and Editing Wrong Tracks (Make in Untrustable)

my Ver is 12.3
Sometimes I see Software show wrong Data for some music
for Example
an Album have 2 Song, A and B
I Tag these two with A and B
But after a while, when I come back and play A, i hear B and B for A
Wrong Data, it make software unreliable and untranslatable
I go back to Ver.11 until next update

@Digiraiter Agumon:

Please see above. We have identified and corrected one new case which is not yet released. 

But just as you said, your machines setup was one of the main reasons that Helium 12 did not worked for you.

I had many problems with my Helium12
turns out that my Win7 was not SP1
after I installed SP1 and my more updates
"move", "copy" and many other features start to working
but this "Wrong Tag Bug" is still remaining

One more correction for this is now available (an early pre-release version).

Sven identified a case where this could happen so it is now corected.

If anyone need access to this version, please contact us via: http://support.imploded.com

It shall also handle cases with "bad/incorrect" tags

If tagged track numbers are incorrect to files, tag editor will show tracks in incorrect order to file name.

If some of the album files have cd number or total cd info they will be on wrong order..

If the above happens when scrolling down tracks, one at a time, the file name at top will be out of order to whats on filesystem

so instead of 1.mp3, 2.mp3, 3.mp3 etc.  It could be 3.mp3 1.mp3, 2.mp3

When that happens if you edit tags, which will be out of order, then click ok sometimes it appears to write info back to filesystem order instead of tag editor order which don't match

A similar thing if tracks don't start with number they will be listed alphabetically. So tag track numbers maybe e.g.5,3,1,2,4 down the list but if you then sort on track number 1 through 5 click on ok it seems to still write tags to files in order they were originally loaded 1 to A, 2 to B, 3 to C.

Sorry if makes little sense bit hard to explain.

If this happens I clear CD number and total data, then reload to make sure tag editor loads them in correct filename order.  If in alphabetical order then edit file names, manually putting correct track number at beginning. Again making sure tag editor loads them in correct order.

Obviously above only happens if files are poorly named or tagged (which I have a lot of)

@Sven:

Which version does this relate to and how can it be reproduced?

Please send us reproduction information and if necessary involved files (if so over http://support.imploded.com).

We have performed the earlier mentioned tests which works with no issue.

To all:

Please always be sure to include reproduction information for your posts otherwise we will only be able to perform general tests which may miss a specific case that's needed for the reproduction and thus we will not be able to give more than a "basic" answer.

More information can be found in the fourm rules: http://support.imploded.com/discussions/topics/9000018927

I've ran into this issue now, too...

The filename is correct, but the tags are completely wrong...

That's a very bad issue - since I could have lost many information in this case, luckily I've seen this nearly immediately, so I can easily go back to a correct state.

If you are using the default database type (SqlCompact), it will be located in:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Imploded Software\Helium 12\Databases

It's name is default.sdf or a similar name.

sorry, but i forgot what file is contain DB
would you tell me?

@Digiraiter:

The reason for Carls issue related to his database as well as what existed in his tags.

We could not see the exact error you were getting in your movie, but we recorded a similar screencast illustrating that this works.

In short this was what we did:

1) Selected all files from an album

2) Opened the Tag editor

3) Sorted tracks by clicking the track column

4) Filled in subtitle in descending order for each track when the list was sorted. Please note that you can see which file that is being edited at the top (it is prefixed with the track number)

5) Saved the changed

6) The subtitle was properly visualised after tagging in the track list (you can see the track number in a column to the left of the subtitle column, #)

7) Opened the tagged files with the Tag editor

Result: Subtitle and Track number were in sync. No data were lost after tagging.

Video:

http://files.helum.fm/829_2.zip

If you still experience a problem in your workflow we need to get a copy of your database as well as the files involved in your reproduction to be able to test this in detail, as we did for Carl.

Please contact us at http://support.imploded.com if you need any further assistance.

We have now made several tests with Carl's data and files and could find out that the files contained tags with incorect contents, but we were not able to reproduce the exact problem when a tagging phase from Helium would break any tags.

The good thing is that we have hopefully also found a solution where it works for Carl, so we now consider this issue solved.

If anyone else can reproduce similar issues, please let us know.

Thanks Carl
I managed to reproduce the bug on my PC too
my PC is Win764bit and different from your Win10
yet same problem
https://youtu.be/ZNAvL3EWxOw

I have now performed the test with two different albums using the described album structure, using a SqlCompact database.

These tests works as expected, e.g. no offset errors occured.

Therefore it would be realy great if you can share your database and files with us so that we can continue to test this.

Big thanks in advance.

OK if you have no luck I'll send db backup along with the album folder via a support ticket.

Thanks. I will set up this folder structure with a test album to see which result I get.

I still think that it is database/tag related though, but I will report my results soon.

M:\My Music\Nightwish\Dark_Passion_Play-2007-[japan edition]l\CD 2 (versión Instrumental)\201-nightwish-the_poet_and_the_pendulum.mp3

M:\My Music\Nightwish\Dark_Passion_Play-2007-[japan edition]l\CD 1\01_-_Poet_and_the_Pendulum.mp3

folder structure for cd1 and 2..  I see where you're coming from but files been there for as long as i remember.

Login or Signup to post a comment