Start a new topic
Solved

Showing and Editing Wrong Tracks (Make in Untrustable)

my Ver is 12.3
Sometimes I see Software show wrong Data for some music
for Example
an Album have 2 Song, A and B
I Tag these two with A and B
But after a while, when I come back and play A, i hear B and B for A
Wrong Data, it make software unreliable and untranslatable
I go back to Ver.11 until next update

my Windows is 7

Hello,

This is nothing we are aware of nor have been able to reproduce during our test phases.

We would like to know more about this possible issue so that we can correct it, can you please let us know which:

1) File formats this relates to

2) Database type you are using (if you have changed)

3) Any possible other reproduction information that can help

If you would not to share any details officially, please open a support ticket from: http://support.imploded.com

Also, please note that Helium 11 is no longer supported and can have issues on Win10.

>>my Windows is 7

Please still not that Helium 11 is no longer supported and any possible issues with it cannot be corrected.

If possible, please let us know more about this issue so it can be solved in Helium 12.

Thanks in advance.

We just did a test of this scenario the following way:

1) Tagged an album with two files as described, title for the first track was set to A and for the second to B

2) Played the album, both files were shown with proper meta data during the playback

3) Restarted Helium and performed step 2 again, no issues were located

The test was performed with both MP3 and FLAC files as separated test sessions.

Please let us know which steps you performed when this happens.

that's not an issue that happen all the time, but once is all there is need to make software unreliable
1-Format is MP3
2-i'm not sure what you mean by DB, but i use ID3V1 and ID3V2
and i added and tagged this tracks to helium 12.0
and then updated it to 12.3
this problem is not the first time that happened, i have experimented in V12.0 too
I'm not so good on these things to help you that much
but this may be because Helium 12 is designed for Win10 and not 7
or maybe there is some issue with Runtime i installed and what is starndard for you
I only can make you more clear the situation
I uploaded 2 photo for you
white one is from V11 and black V12
you can see that the filenames and tags are not matched
right few minute ago, i saw two album that was in same folder and the info for this two album were reverse of each other, info for Album A for B and reverse
I just opened 20 Album in helium 11 and half of those have switched info for all tags like artist composer conductor and so on
MP3Tag confirm helium 11
right now, i can't trust helium 12 anymore

12.JPG
(70.6 KB)
11.JPG
(116 KB)
as you can see, it seems i have many problems with H12.3
are these problems because of using Win7 or a wrong version of .NET
mean the problem is not from H12.3, but some other place
I'll be happy to send you Video if it needed

I think as answered in your other report that something in your database is not fully correct.

It looks broken according to the screenshots.

We would need to take a look at your database and possibly also some log files.

Please contact our support at http://support.imploded.com for more information.

ok then

i make a support ticket and do my best to give you the info you need to find the problem

Thanks we will continue the discussion from there, since the issue is not reproducable with a clean setup.

Hi was this resolved?  I have same problem,,,  Its seems as if file system (WIN10) sort order and helium tag editor sort order do not agree. So when writing tags helium appears to ignore file name and follows incorrect sort order which causes CD number and or track names go to wrong files?  Some albums OK some Not. This is the same with MariaDB and sqlexpress 13.  Tried to go back to helium 11 but complains it cannot update database.

hi
my windows is Win7 64bit
and this is not what always happen
also many other features in helium 12 are not working right
i refer it to a problem in .NET
because some other program have problem to install because of .NET
and helium is based on .NET too

as you can see here, I can fix the wrong tags with a little effort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1hZU0xYJw&feature=youtu.be

Hello,

We have tried to reproduce this as described, unfortunately with no luck. In the end it somehow seemed system related to the users configuration.

When you perform a tagging operation in Helium, the following logic is applied:

1) Based on which view you are working with a selection of files will be created; 

Working with a tracklist will simply open the selected files as it looks in the current view - the sorting from that view will be used.

Selecting an album for tagging will first get a list of the files involved in the album and then open the Tag editor with this list.

For files that are added to your library, Helium will store a list where the key of an item is the database id of the track and this id is mapped to the full path and filename.

2) When the Tag editor is opened files are loaded and tags are read for all files, based on their filename. If you select an entry in the Tag editor, you can see at the top which exact file you are working with.

3) When you are done with the tagging and click OK the following will happen:

-Changes for each item will be stored in a cache. Each cache entry is mapped to the full filename in the list generated in step 1.

-For files that exists in your library the database data will be updated. To update the correct item, the database id, as stored in the in-memory list described in step 1, will be used to locate the entry. This entry is still mapped to the full filename of the track (this list is read-only, immutable). For files not in the library (tagging from the My Computer view for example) this step will be skipped.

-When the above is completed, a background operation will be invoked where each cache entry will be applied to files (the actual tag writing). 

With all the above logic, we have performed multiple tests to ensure that the proper tags were written to the proper files.

The validation has been performed both manually by inspecting a files tag contents after tagging as well as via reviewing logs.

No issues were found during our tests. All tests were performed with both MP3 and FLAC files, using a Windows 10 machine with MariaDB and SqlCompact.

@Carl:

Which view did you used when the issue occured? (e.g. Releases, My Computer etc)

Was the files available in your database? (If you are using the My Computer view you can work with tracks not added to your database)

Any additional information (screenshot, example files etc) are welcome so that we can analyse this further.

Possibly we have missed some step during our tests that you included in your tests?

@Digiraiter Agumon:

What your YouTube video shows does not relate to incorrect tagging, it relates to a clipboard problem.

We have answered you via the support ticket you reported related to this and requested one or two example files containing these japaneese characters that generated your clipboard issue.

@All:

If anyone else have noticed any oddities related to the possible tagging problem mentioned, please let us know.

Any additional reproduction details are welcome since we have unfortunately not been able to reproduce it.

Tagging Problem

I made a short video above showing that tags and ordering are correct to the specific files and then the results in windows explorer... This happens when selecting via album edit, My computer and from within artist/all tracks  It shows single album getting messed up but I have same issue editing double albums at same time except errors cross over between the two.

I will, as soon as I can, try through my laptop to see if problem related to to my PC only. Although I have now idea what that could be...

Sorry also forgot, all files already in database. Also tried using script to delete all tags from the files and start over. Re-installing helium has not helped either..

Login or Signup to post a comment