Start a new topic
Solved

adding a root path uncheks the previous old checked root path

hi,

there is a little bug in the update dialog windows :

check all you root pathes, then add a new one, when the list of roots is refreshed, there are not checkek anymore.

The add operation erases you checked-ones, so i have to rechecked them now...

As i have a lot of root pathes, it is a critic loss of time...

i guess it is easy to fix it.

have a good day

This has been improved for the next hotfix, thanks for the improvement suggestion.

sorry i will reply again.
in fact, the main problem is that the UPDATE process is always longer than the ADD process (i noticed that in hellium 2009,11, & 12 too) when you got a huge library.

so i have to imagine another way to update my library (which is in constant evolution and name-fixing)

1: delete my entire database and re-add all in a new one : it works faster than any update process

2 : divided my library into small path (then roots path) and update the one i decided

But now i have a lot of root and select each root, update, waiting, come back, select another root, update again ..... is very boring.
Worst event, is that i have so many root, that i can't remember the date i update them !

So in a last wish of improvement, it will be super if you could ADD a date for each path root which informs the user  of the last update he did  AND (please) remember the last lenght of the update process.
because when i start an update, i don't know when it will take 1h or 4h!

Then (in a dream), each root path item will be placed into a Array/Tab where we can order the list of roots path and sort them by column like date process, drive, music qty,.....

@Michael REMY:

Please add your feature request about tracking update date into a feature request since this reported is closed thus marked as resolved.

Thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment