Start a new topic
Solved

Helium is losing artist thumbnails

All artists with at least 50 tracks have a picture attached.

Sometimes when I start Helium, there are multiple thumbnails missing. The picture itself is still there.

The thumbnails are still missing after a restart, I have to re-add them manually.

1 person has this problem

How can this be reproduced?

Is the picture paths still set in the database? (tblArtists table)

>> Is the picture paths still set in the database? (tblArtists table)

Yes, but HasPicture is set to Null... see the attached image.

>> How can this be reproduced?

I'm not sure right now, what I did the last time before starting Helium today was updating a folder with new files, updating some releases with new file-types and tagging multiple files.

I guess this might be related to the (general) update process, since it seems that this only applies to artists with new tracks.

I ran some automated as well as some manual tests trying to reproduce this - unfortunately with no luck.

Most likely it is related to some specific operation performed in combination with specific data.

Please try to identify a reproduction pattern for it and open a new support ticket, include possible files needed to reproduce the issue as well as pictures/data needed to reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

I will do so.

By the way, here's also the mentioned "attached image"...

OK, here we go:

1. Add a new file from an artist with attached picture to a folder of your database (no pictures in the tags)
2. Select that folder in music explorer->library
3. Now select to update that folder
4. Restart Helium
---> The artist has lost it's thumbnail.

Only tested with MariaDB 10.1.9.

By the way: what exactly  is "HasPicture" in tblartist good for?
All entries in my database show NULL in that column...
I expected it to be set to 1 (true), if a picture is attached to an artist...

I have tried to reproduce it as described, here's a full list of all steps I did:

1) Created a new database

2) Added d:\_support\old (containing one file from artist A)

3) Changed to artists view, attached a picture to the artist

4) Added a new folder, d:\_support\new (containing one file from Artist A)

5) Artist picture was still there

6) From Windows Explorer added another file into d:\_support\new from Artist A

7) From Music Explorer > Library, right clicked the _new folder and choosed Update folder

8) File was added

9) Artist picture remains

None of the files has pictures in tags.

Please open a support ticket with your exact steps (if I missed something in my steps above) as well as example files for which this issue can be reproduced.

You need to restart Helium to see the missing thumbnail.

I did it, but the thumbnail remains for me.

I will need to take a closer look into that, but I most probably won't make it today. ;-)

No hurry, but please open a support ticket for it since I think it might be file/tag depenant and we should avoid sharing that kind of data in this forum. :)

Fixed in the next beta. Thank You.
Just to say that I had realized of this problem but I had no clue why it happened, so I couldn't reproduce it.

@Infusion: If you still have this issue and would like to try the most recent version, please open a support ticket.

Login or Signup to post a comment