Start a new topic
Answered

Currency Converter "Unable to contact server"

I installed Imploded Software's "Currency Converter" Windows mobile App onto my HTC Windows 8.1x cell phone. It works reliably fine on my other (same) phone. For the past two days my new installation of Currency Converter cannot configure itself. As it does not set itself it identifies "Unable to contact server". All internet via WiFi access functions well. Is the source of this connectivity problem due to Imploded Software's server or is their Currency Converter Windows App now corrupted in need of maintenance? I anticipate reading a knowledgeably competent follow up addressing this issue. Thanks very much. Cheers. Bob

Best Answer

Thanks.

We think we have found a solution for this. It turned out to be a technical problem on our end, so I think it should work OK now!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems with Currency Converter. We have had a few similar reports but generally it seems to work for most people so we are currently investigating why it doesn't work on some systems.

Do you have the same version of the Windows Phone operating system on both devices?

Hello Frederik, Both phones use Windows 8.1. Certainly not 'life-threatening' but an anomaly I felt you should be interested in knowing. Still identifies "unable to contact server". My response to you is via using this non-connecting HTC Windows 8 1x cell phone. Obviously able to internet communicate via WiFi in this venue. Also Skype, Hotmail, Gmail, games, etc. Of course I deduce connectivity hand shake issue originating at your server configuration end of things. I hope this assists your support. Enjoy your day. Cheers! Bob
Answer

Thanks.

We think we have found a solution for this. It turned out to be a technical problem on our end, so I think it should work OK now!

Login or Signup to post a comment