Start a new topic
Implemented

Template manager - rename tool

I have no idea, how to load an old template... There are only two buttons on "edit templates" - "delete" and "save", there's no option to "load" or "use" a template...

It would be great, if we could get a template manager where we can create names for each template.
Although the templates should be ordered by name in this manager.

A list like this is hard to read:

\\HTPC\Musik_01\Alben\{{Albumartist-so}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{track(2)}}. {{title}}{ ({subtitle})}{ [{remix}]}

\\HTPC\Musik_01\Alben\{{Albumartist-so}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{cd}'}{{track(2)}}. {{title}}{ ({subtitle})}{ [{remix}]}
\\HTPC\Musik_01\OSTs\{{Albumartist-so}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{cd}'}{{track(2)}}. {{title}}{ ({subtitle})}{ [{remix}]}
\\HTPC\Musik_01\OSTs\{{Albumartist-so}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{track(2)}}. {{title}}{ ({subtitle})}{ [{remix}]}
\\HTPC\Musik_01\Maxis\{{Albumartist-so}}\{{releaseyear}} - {{album}}{ ({albumsubtitle})}{ [{albumversion}]}\{{track(2)}}. {{title}}{ ({subtitle})}{ [{remix}]}

This list would be much easier to read:
Album - 1 disc
Album - 2 discs
Maxis
OSTs - 1 disc
OSTs - 2 discs

1 person likes this idea

I agree. I liked the old method better. The graphical way of building up the path was easier to understand than the new strings. What I miss the most is the ability to assign a name to the complex structure. 

@Colin: "What I miss the most is the ability to assign a name to the complex structure." can you please give us an example of what this mean in more detail?

This means what I explained in the first post.

In Helium 11, you could create templates and give them names. When I try to load a template, I don't see the template itself, but it's name.

Aha, I missunderstood it, I thought he refered to some mising command to achive a complex result.

Well, it's quite as possible, that I misunderstood Colin... ;-)

We have marked this request as "Planned". It is not yet scheduled but the idea is to at least allow for setting a name on a template, just like in previous releases of Helium.

Sven, you understood me well. Thanks. I have various rules for different types of album so it was easier to select the right one when they were named. 

I do have a lot of rules, too. The examples I made in the initial post are just a fraction of my complete rules-set. ;-)

Any news or time schedule for this request?

Although an option to remove a template would be great...

Sorry, I've just seen, that you're working on the template manager in the latest testing build...
Great to see!!! Thumbs up. ;-)
Login or Signup to post a comment