Start a new topic
Answered

Database in HMM 12

Hi,

I found a help how to import a database from HMM 11 but there are a lot of questions open:

1. I use with HMM 11 a SQLExpress database on a Windows Home Server and connect with several PCs to it, will this still work with HMM 12?

2. To where HMM 12 is importing the data from my current database?

3. If the data is imported, will the HMM 11 databse not be changed?

4. Can I use HMM 11 & 12 together?

Best Answer

Hi,

Answers follows below:

1) Helium 12 wil not use the same database as Helium 11 so you can use the parallell to each other

2) To the database you have active in Helium 12

3) No, the original database is never changed, data is only read from it and posted into the (active) new database.

4) Should be possible, but keep in mind that data will not be in-sync if you perform updates to tags that exists in both database. That would require that you update the databases manually.

Answer

Hi,

Answers follows below:

1) Helium 12 wil not use the same database as Helium 11 so you can use the parallell to each other

2) To the database you have active in Helium 12

3) No, the original database is never changed, data is only read from it and posted into the (active) new database.

4) Should be possible, but keep in mind that data will not be in-sync if you perform updates to tags that exists in both database. That would require that you update the databases manually.

Thanks Mikael for your fast answer. I had some SQL connection problems after a SQL Server upgrade but now I will try to import my data to HMM 12. About point 4 I know it will not be in sync but I will try HMM 12 first a bit before I will fully change and deinstall HMM 11. I will tagg my new data with HMM 11 and import than the tagged files to HMM 12 for some time to be sure everything is working as I know it.

Login or Signup to post a comment