Start a new topic
Answered

Sorting artists that have "The" in name

Having a problem getting artists to show as my example below

The Kinks I want to sort as Kinks, The

But cannot seem to get it to work, I am using version 12, how would I need to set my tags to get my required sort order and how please.

Thanks

Best Answer
open the "Advanced Tag Editor", and set the "Artist Sort Order" to "Kinks, The", I will normally set the "Album Artist Sort Order" to the proper name of the band "The Kinks" since "The" is part of the band name, by doing this it will show up alphabetically (in artist view) under the "K's" but still retain their proper name "The Kinks", I have noticed that if all the tracks by the band aren't set with the same sort order tags it won't display properly, so you may want to set all the sort order tags for the band at the same time.

1 Comment

Answer
open the "Advanced Tag Editor", and set the "Artist Sort Order" to "Kinks, The", I will normally set the "Album Artist Sort Order" to the proper name of the band "The Kinks" since "The" is part of the band name, by doing this it will show up alphabetically (in artist view) under the "K's" but still retain their proper name "The Kinks", I have noticed that if all the tracks by the band aren't set with the same sort order tags it won't display properly, so you may want to set all the sort order tags for the band at the same time.

Login or Signup to post a comment