Start a new topic
Answered

Album Artist duplication

I imported my v11 database in to v12.2 just a few days ago and one thing that I noticed is that I now have over 100 Album Artists called "Various Artists" in the Music Explorer. Each node in the tree appears to pull up the same discography if I click on them. 

Looking at the raw data I am not sure I can explain this but I suspect that if I retag (or just edit and save the tags again) all these albums that this will condense in to one but is there anything you would like before I do this?

Best Answer

Caused by combinations of different sort orders per artist, improved in build 14477

This might be caused by redundant data in the source database, but to be able to give you a better answer we would like you to send us a copy of your Helium 11 database. Please do this via a support ticket to avoid sharing your database in public.

Will do Mikael. Btw, I have several more things for you... are tickets better in each case? Not all are import related.

Tickets are generally prefered if it relates to questions for a specefic database/system/file or similar.
Answer

Caused by combinations of different sort orders per artist, improved in build 14477

Login or Signup to post a comment