Start a new topic
Solved

No Albumversion vs. filename with space character

Hi there,

i have set the format for the filename like this:

{albumartist} - {album} {albumversion}

So some releases have no albumversion and Helium make a space character to the filename.

The engine allows for prefixes and suffixes which can be used to avoid empty placeholders (like spaces in your example). Please have a look at this guide:

http://support.imploded.com/solution/articles/9000082388-tag-to-filename-engine

Hi Fredrik, sorry for my late reply. This don´t work with picture filename.

If I do it like this as described: {{albumartist}} - {{album}}{ {albumversion}}
Filename looks like this: "{Pink Floyd} - {The Dark Side Of The Moon}{ (Remastered)}.jpg"
and not like "Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (Remastered).jpg"

Please test it ... ;) I think your guide is not compatible with this ...

Hi Philip,

You are right, the template used for setting album picture filenames used a simpler template form.

We have improved this for next release of Helium which will let you use the syntax as described in the post above. Note that only a few fields are available, though.

1 person likes this
It would be nice if it would be possible to use "medium" in addition to albumversion. I have some releases which i have in a CD-Release version and a Digital-Version. If this release is e.g. an "Limited Edition" or something like this i could separate with medium (Audio-CD / Digital).

Thank you Fredrik! :)

Good idea, although Medium isn't something that is currently saved in the album entry in Helium so this needs to be investigated if possible to do first.

Login or Signup to post a comment