Start a new topic
Implemented

Fast way for clearing play queue

Clearing play queue is something that we have to do often. Annoys me the way how I have to do it right now. I think a fast way to do it is missing, a button, a shorcut or both.

1 person likes this idea

Have you tried ctrl+a, del ?

Depending of what you were doing, this can remove files from your library...

Thats true, but in that case you will be presented with a confirmation dialog before. Which solution would wok the best? A shortcut could imo be too aggressive if you accidentially press it.
Yes, I have been using CTRL+A DEL. To me it's annoying anyway, since we always have to be very sure where to click first otherwise you will click in an artist or in an album. For something that is used so often, I think it deserves a button.

The disadvantage with a button is that it will be a sole button eating UI space.

Possibly it is better with a menu option/context menu option?

There is plenty of space in the left of FILTER button.
It should be a quick way. It could be an option clicking with right button over play queue but I personally prefer a button.

If it should be a button, I think it needs to be to the right of the filter button, since the filter description will be shown to the left of the filter.

Is it prefered to prompt before clearing or should it just perform the operation at once ?

It could be a good idea use another color for the button, it's more intuitive.

No doubt with no prompt in my opinion.

Perhabs something like this:

Implemented in build 14487, just released officially.

I think it's great, good size. Only the color, a so vivid red draws too much attention. Maybe use the same color that is already present in the interface.

Color:

Obviously it's only a suggestion and also a minor thing.

So you don't mess up too much with colors in the UI.

1 person likes this

It currently matches the colour used in the Streamer but might be changed for future releases.

>> Possibly it is better with a menu option/context menu option?
It's already in the context menu... ;-)

>> Implemented in build 14487, just released officially.
"No updates are available." - I can't find a manual download either.

>> I think it's great, good size. Only the color, a so vivid red draws too much attention. Maybe use the

>> same color that is already present in the interface.

I'm with Infusion here, the red (as seen in the screenshot) is much to aggressive.

no-update.png
(4.36 KB)

You can download from www.helium.fm (link in announcement)

The update checker got a fix in the most recent release, thus it will not appear in the old version.

Color: Possible change for a future release.

Login or Signup to post a comment