Start a new topic
Answered

What is the impact of adding additional users?

Hello,  I am loving the new version!

With the previous premium version I had multiple users set up.

I use Helium with the Helium streamer and have it set up so that each of my family has their own user, so that I can share my music with the whole family.

In the previous version, this multiplied the size of my database, so if I had 5 users my database was 5 times as large.

Right now, I am just testing the new version with just one user with a MySql database.

So far my backup files are around 30 megs.

All that to ask.

With this new version what will the impact be when I start adding up to 10 users?

Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

The database will grow a bit for each added user. This is because each track rating, albums rating and artist rating will be duplicated. Depending on how large your music collection is this will be a smaller or larger part of the overall database size, of course. Adding 10 users, or even 50 shouldn't be a problem, though, since the ratings don't consume as much space as track, album and artist details does in general.

1 Comment

Answer

The database will grow a bit for each added user. This is because each track rating, albums rating and artist rating will be duplicated. Depending on how large your music collection is this will be a smaller or larger part of the overall database size, of course. Adding 10 users, or even 50 shouldn't be a problem, though, since the ratings don't consume as much space as track, album and artist details does in general.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment