Start a new topic
Answered

How can I merge information from two "different" albums into one?

Here's the situation:

Because of some historical issues, a few of my albums got ripped with different album names for some of the songs.  A great example is that sometimes the album is "Album Name [CD1]" and "Album Name [CD2]".  Just editing the text in the album field for the tracks does not seem to have done the job, as multiple albums of the same name are now shown.  I'd really like to get everything organized correctly... What's the right way?

Best Answer

Helium can handle some variations of directories for different cds (e.g. D:\Music\Album\CD1\Track.mp3 and D:\Music\Album\CD2\Track.mp3), but not all. How are your files/folders placed?

Are these albums located in the same folder on the drive?

Sometimes, no.  I use dbPoweramp ripper and it frequently will create separate directories for different CDs in the same release.

Answer

Helium can handle some variations of directories for different cds (e.g. D:\Music\Album\CD1\Track.mp3 and D:\Music\Album\CD2\Track.mp3), but not all. How are your files/folders placed?

Something like 

\Music\Artist\Album[Disk1]  and

\Music\Artist\Album[Disk2]

Helium will not be able to tell that those paths contains tracks from the same album I'm afraid.

Is there a way that I can explicitly TELL HMM that the tracks are from the same album, possibly using the tag editor?  I understand that HMM won't understand the folder structure automatically, but I'm hoping to be able to sort things out manually.

I'm afraid not. There is a lot of logic in the application that tries to figure out which tracks that belongs to which albums, but there isn't currently a way to explicitly merge albums. We may be able to look into supporting this, but I can't make any promises at the moment.

OK... thank you.  I'll reorganize the folders.

Login or Signup to post a comment