Start a new topic
Answered

Automatic hiding of "Letter" Folders

When viewing folders in the Library node of the music explorer, it seems that Helium is automatically condensing [Folder]/A/[Artist] into [Folder]/"A Artist].


In other words, instead of being able to select a parent folder "A" that contains a subfolder for all the Artists beginning in A, I can only select individual artists. This makes the UI run extremely slowly, and makes it very difficult to work with my files the way I want (I am trying to progressively check and clean metadata, and prior to upgrading I was working through letter by letter. Now I cannot do this)


Is there a way to disble this behaviour? I am not even able to rename the folders to something like "Artists A" to stop the automatic action, because I can't select the "A" folder in the explorer node....


Best Answer

Curiously, I can no longer reproduce this either :-)

I realized that although I'd imported from HMM11, I'd not updated the database (I'm using MySQL). I created a new MySQL database and imported from the old, restarted, and now the problem has gone away. I don't even have a screenshot of the old behaviour. When I browse the music library now, folders correctly display with the right hierarchy - I can click on the "A" folder to see a list of all tracks within that folder, which is what I want.

You can put this down as a weird-off behaviour on upgrade - if it happens again, I'll open a ticket.

Thanks!


I could not reproduce this behaviour during my initial tests - not sure if I tested it in the exact way you mean though. 

I would suggest that you open a support ticket for this further further assistance via support.imploded.com.

Please provide details which exact version of Helium 12 you are using, which database type you are using as well as a screenshot illustraing the possible issue.


Thanks.

Answer

Curiously, I can no longer reproduce this either :-)

I realized that although I'd imported from HMM11, I'd not updated the database (I'm using MySQL). I created a new MySQL database and imported from the old, restarted, and now the problem has gone away. I don't even have a screenshot of the old behaviour. When I browse the music library now, folders correctly display with the right hierarchy - I can click on the "A" folder to see a list of all tracks within that folder, which is what I want.

You can put this down as a weird-off behaviour on upgrade - if it happens again, I'll open a ticket.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update JJ. Glad to hear that it works now!

Login or Signup to post a comment