Start a new topic
Implemented

More information when hovering on an item

It would be great, if we could get more information in releases view, artists view and labels view.

Even with small thumbnails, there's room to show four rows of information when hovering an item.

2 people like this idea

I think this might be a good one, but it will require some work (e.g. customization support) before it can be released.

Any other thinks this is a good feature?

1 person likes this

@Infusion: I'm not sure how you mean, even if hover information is added an item cannot be wider than it is.

Can you describe your idea further?

I would like that when hovering the mouse over ARTIST (first line) and ALBUM NAME (second line) in a cover, their names would be completely shown.
Picture shows artist and album name truncated.

It seems that when I insert an image, the message is not sent.
So it's now attached.

sshot-1.png
(54.3 KB)

As earlier mentioned, each item has a static width so unfortunately it is not possible to show the full name. Possibly a tooltip can be added which will do you you are requesting (separate to Sven's original request)

What about getting a customizable tooltip? You are free in size in that case.
Let the user customize up to 6 lines and everybody's happy... ;-)

>>Can we get these tooltips on all pages with tracklist-tables for all fields?

Possibly for a later release, we will need to do some more testing before we can say more about it.

The next beta version wil come with multi-line customizable tooltips for releases and artists.

The templates will use the Tag to filename templating engine system with new specific fields for albums and artists.

Tooltips for individual columns in the tracklists is complex to solve and added to our internal to-review list. (No perfect solution is yet found)

>>What about getting a customizable tooltip? You are free in size in that case.

That's probably even better since it will not limit the amount of data and size in the same way.

I have attached a "first" version with tooltips which will be included in 12.2:

http://files.helium.fm/helium_12.2.14458.0.exe

Tools tips in track lists will also appear in the next beta release.

Sven's idea is nice. Maybe it can be improved later. Anyway this version already solved the truncating problem. Thanks.

Can we get these tooltips on all pages with tracklist-tables for all fields?

Especially release details and (docked) play queue come to mind.

I would like that ARTIST and ALBUM would be also fully shown when hovering.

Very often number os characters in 2 lines (artist and album) are not enough.

Login or Signup to post a comment