Start a new topic
Answered

Why have Multiple Users?

I am curious why there is the ability to have multiple users in Helium? 

I was hoping that I could create a user who can use Helium Streamer and not have access to the settings to prevent them from resetting the database etc but it appears that all users have the same access or am I missing something?

Best Answer

An important point with having multiple users is that each user will see its owns rating, favourites, playlists and similar data but still sharing the same music collection to avoid data redundancy.

2 people have this question

We haven't yet implemented any roles in Helium or Helium Streamer but this is on our radar. Apart from being able to prevent another user from resetting the database, are there any other things you would like to limit in either Helium or Helium Streamer?

1 person likes this
Answer

An important point with having multiple users is that each user will see its owns rating, favourites, playlists and similar data but still sharing the same music collection to avoid data redundancy.

2 people like this
My 2 cents.
I think it would be useful to have 2 levels of access.
An admin level user and basic access user
Basic access user is one that can play the music, create playlists, have favorites for themselves, and perhaps have personal ratings, but not be able to change any tags or file names.

Thanks for listening.

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment