Start a new topic
Answered

Helium Streamer for windows mobile systems

Hello,

I'm unpleasantly surprised that the Helium Streamer apps disappreaed from windows store. I still prefer Helium 11 over 12 and use the apps on tablet and smartphone very often.

Will there be an universal app in the future for the new version? Is ist possible to bring the apps back to the store? Or: is it possible to offer a direct download of the xap files on the homepage for side-load on the smartphone. On my devices the apps are still installed. But what happened after hard reset or buying a new device?

Best Answer

Hello,

The Streamer applications were removed due to rewrites needed which we could not motivate at the moment since the user basis for Windows (phone) devices is extremely small.

We have plans for a Universal application, but it is not in our current work queue.

>>Or: is it possible to offer a direct download of the xap files on the homepage for side-load on the smartphone.

This is not something we can offer since the applications are not officially supported for the platform anymore.

But you can contact us via the Customer center to get a copy of them. 

>> Is ist possible to bring the apps back to the store? 

No sorry. (See above)

1 Comment

Answer

Hello,

The Streamer applications were removed due to rewrites needed which we could not motivate at the moment since the user basis for Windows (phone) devices is extremely small.

We have plans for a Universal application, but it is not in our current work queue.

>>Or: is it possible to offer a direct download of the xap files on the homepage for side-load on the smartphone.

This is not something we can offer since the applications are not officially supported for the platform anymore.

But you can contact us via the Customer center to get a copy of them. 

>> Is ist possible to bring the apps back to the store? 

No sorry. (See above)

Login or Signup to post a comment