Start a new topic
Implemented

Navigation suggestion

Not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion, so here goes :-)

I spend most of my time in the Artists node. If I click an artist and go into an album and want to just go 'up' a level/back to the album view it would be handy to be able to click the back button on my mouse to do so--- but most importantly it would be good to put the artist list back to where I just was instead of starting back at the top of the artist list. Clicking back on the artist node should logically do the same thing--- just put me back where I was.

2 people like this idea

Hi Walt, 

Can you please provide two screenshots of your workflow (view before navigating to the allbum, and view after the navigation)?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!

Image 1 is just clicking on an artist from the Artist node on the left.

Image 2 is double-clicking an album to view the tracks. Note that the selected node on the left changes to the Releases node and the 'back' button is greyed out.

Image 3 is clicking on the Artist node again. Note that though I'm still in the same artist's albums I was viewing, the Artist node itself is not selecting Liam Finn as I would expect--- instead it's gone back to the top of the artist list.

Ideally after looking at, queuing, or editing an album's tracks I think it would be logical to be able to click 'back' and be returned to where you just were in the Artist node.

Thanks for being so responsive with questions and ideas! I'm still holding out for a horizontally split view so when I click an album I could see its tracks in a pane under the albums. I have a lot of free space there :-)

3.PNG
(1.96 MB)
2.PNG
(3.05 MB)
1.PNG
(2 MB)

Thanks for your feedback Walt!

We will analyse this further and see if and how it can be improved.

1 person likes this

This should be implemented in our most recent test version.

Thanks! I'd like to try it - - is there a test build download area?

1 person likes this

Seems to be working for me so far. Just a few small things:

1. When renaming tracks they don't refresh in the list. I have to go out of the album and back in to see the changes.

2. The Update Library dialog box doesn't save its size (I like mine stretch from bottom to the top of the screen so I can see as much as possible) and 

3. the 'select none' button is clipped at the end in large font mode so all I see is 'select non'.

Thanks for the feedback Walt!

>>1. When renaming tracks they don't refresh in the list. I have to go out of the album and back in to see the changes.

Please retest with this version where it shall be fixed: http://files.helium.fm/helium_12.1.14428.0.exe

>>2. The Update Library dialog box doesn't save its size

I could not reproduce this one, can you please retest it?

I tested by simply open the tool, resize and move the window and then close and reopen it.

>>3. the 'select none' button is clipped at the end in large font mode

This should also be corrected in build 14428.

Everything looks good--- the Update Library box is keeping its size now too, though before it was always coming up as a smaller box. Strange, but glad it's working :-)

Thanks Walt, glad to hear that all works now :)

This seems to have reverted to its old behavior in build 12.2.14448.0 RC. I just added an album, fixed the id3 headers, and renamed the tracks. When I go back it drops me at the top of my artist list instead of where I was working.

We had problems reproducing this Walt, please contact us via our support for further assistance.

Will do. It doesn't seem to do it ALL the time, but for me it's doing it most of the time. I'm trying to figure out if there's a specific series of clicks or operations that ends up putting me back at the top of the artist list when I go back from an album edit... puzzling.

Login or Signup to post a comment