Start a new topic
Answered

v12 music explorer without adding to db like v11?

Am I missing something? in v11 I can browse a music folder and edit tags without putting it all into the library. Is this available in v12 or does everything have to be in HMM library db now?

Best Answer

>> Can I do the same with HMM v12? Just have it scan a folder and display the tags and edit them without doing an explicit import into HMM v12's database (which I don't want to use)?

This is not possible in Helium 12. We have focused all our efforts into the database-driven features and do not currently plan to bring this feature back.

1 person has this question

In v9.4 similar I was able to drag and drop songs to the actual playlist, listening and editing them before adding to the library.

1 person likes this
I'm not sure that's the same thing. In v11 I would use the Music Explorer to browse folders and HMM v11 would show all the tags which I would then edit all without having to import them into HMM database. I have an aversion to databases which require maintenance and are error prone. I already have to maintain the horrible iTunes database and I don't want to maintain an HMM database as well.

Can I do the same with HMM v12? Just have it scan a folder and display the tags and edit them without doing an explicit import into HMM v12's database (which I don't want to use)?

Answer

>> Can I do the same with HMM v12? Just have it scan a folder and display the tags and edit them without doing an explicit import into HMM v12's database (which I don't want to use)?

This is not possible in Helium 12. We have focused all our efforts into the database-driven features and do not currently plan to bring this feature back.

OK. Having used HeliumMM for 10+(?) years now, reporting bugs and getting a workflow working pretty well for me with v11, I guess I'll use v11 as long as it keeps working and then move on with MP3TAG and/or Media Monkey.

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear that. We can't currently make any promise on bringing this feature back, I'm afraid. When sending out a survey last year we asked for the most frequently used features and this was one of the least used features unfortunately.

Login or Signup to post a comment