Start a new topic
Answered

I am very disappointed with the new version 12

I am very disappointed with the new version 12

1. still slow as 11.

2. The view in the Musikexplorer of 11, with the left cover and representation, is much better in 11.

3. The musikexplorer in 12 forgets the sorting settings.

4. The custom fields are not compatible. (E.g. In FIG. 11, the tag is stored under the name assigned by the user. In the 12 under custom_1

In my case in 11: custom 1 = "storage bin", in 12 custom_1

The HMM 12 is not even a beta version! Too bad.

Why there is no German forum more !!

Best Answer

Hi,

>>1. still slow as 11.

If you are using Sql Compact it will be of the same performance. This is because of that the database engine itself is slow with much data.

Registered users with larger collections are just as earlier recommended to change database type.

Or is it something else that's slow? Startup, tagging, browsing or playing?

>>3. The musikexplorer in 12 forgets the sorting settings.

Have you tried with 12.1 or 12.0 ?

From 12.1 you can define sorting for track lists.

>>4. The custom fields are not compatible

The should be EXACTLY as compatible as before.

Just as in Helium 11, you can set the "Display name" for a custom field to a name of your choise. 

This works in the exact same way as before.

If you think that Helium 12 won't work for you and you have purchased a license, we can of course refund it for you.

Contact us for further assistance with that.

Answer

Hi,

>>1. still slow as 11.

If you are using Sql Compact it will be of the same performance. This is because of that the database engine itself is slow with much data.

Registered users with larger collections are just as earlier recommended to change database type.

Or is it something else that's slow? Startup, tagging, browsing or playing?

Have you tried with 12.1 or 12.0 ?

From 12.1 you can define sorting for track lists.

The should be EXACTLY as compatible as before.

Just as in Helium 11, you can set the "Display name" for a custom field to a name of your choise. 

This works in the exact same way as before.

If you think that Helium 12 won't work for you and you have purchased a license, we can of course refund it for you.

Contact us for further assistance with that.

>>1. still slow as 11.

Changing from one directory to another and saving tags is very slow.

What data basis do they recommend for large amounts of data?

In the Music Explorer, I click on the "Album" column, then is sorted by album. When changing to a different directory, sorting is by track again.

Where do I have to make the settings?

>>The should be EXACTLY as compatible as before.

Unfortunately, no.

In both programs, I labeled Custom 1 with the name "Ablagefach".

In the attached pictures you see under 11 an entry with "storage compartment".

Under 12, you see the entry "Ablagefach" and custom_1. For the data comparison under 12 only "custom_1" is read in and "Ablagefach" is not!

HMM11

HMM11.JPG

HMM12

HMM12.JPG

Thanks for your feedback.

>>What data basis do they recommend for large amounts of data?

Please read more in this article about thing you can try to see if your performance with Sql Compact can be better:

http://support.imploded.com/solution/articles/9000093639-things-are-running-slow-performance-tips

>>In the Music Explorer, I click on the "Album" column, then is sorted by album. When changing to a different directory, sorting is by track again.

This works just the same in Helium 11 (change sorting in track details, select another node in the Music Explorer and the original defined sorting will be applied)

>>Where do I have to make the settings?

Options > Views

>>For the data comparison under 12 only "custom_1" is read in and "Ablagefach" is not!

Unfortunately we could not reproduce this issue.

We tested it like this:

1) In Helium 11, gave custom 1 a specific name, "TestingCustom1", tagged a file with a value in that field.

2) In Helium 12, from Options > Custom fields, columns & release types, configured the custom field

3) Viewed File properties of the file tagged in step 1 and it showed correct data

If this is the same way you tested it, possibly you can open a support ticket (support.imploded.com/) and share the file (from Helium 11) with us so that we can analyse it in detail?

It is very difficult for me to explain in English.

My MusicExplorer view in 11 is the:

HMM11ME.JPG

When I open 12 is the view that:

HMM12ME1.JPG

But would like this sorted view as standard that:

HMM12ME2.JPG

Settings under Options -> View:

HMM12ME3.JPG

For the tag problem I will contact the support.

I bought it too and it's not satisfactory for me. Can you also refund it for me.I'll furthermore use my licensed 11.5 version.

@Karl-Heinz: Please contact us via our support system, http://support.imploded.com, and we will assist you further.