Start a new topic
Implemented

V12: Album review, lyric, sidebar missing in new version

Form me Helium has always been more of a real music manager & database and not a MP3 file manager. 

The new version is missing a lot of what made Helium so great for me:

I especially enjoy the artist view (which is also quite good in version 12) but what I am missing is the old album view where you could also include an album review as well as the "now playing sidebar" that features the artist bio, lyrics and suggested tracks. The new album view simplay doesn't  show enough info (especially on a 16:9 monitor it looks barren and uninteresting..).

But, really the one feature that keeps me from migrating to V 12 is deleting the album review:) I invested quite some time in this feature and losing it completely makes it completely impossible for me to even think about upgrading :(

>> but what I am missing is the old album view where you could also include an album review
Yes, album review is something I like to get back, too.

>> as well as the "now playing sidebar" that features the artist bio, lyrics and suggested tracks.
It's now called right sidebar. Though it's still missing some features...

>> The new album view simplay doesn't  show enough info
Have you tried "Split view" - you can find it in the upper right corner in album view.

>> But, really the one feature that keeps me from migrating to V 12 is deleting the album review:) I
>> invested quite some time in this feature and losing it completely makes it completely impossible for
>> me to even think about upgrading :(
I'm not 100% sure about that, but the album reviews should be migrated from Helium 11 to Helium 12 - even though they're not used / shown in Helium 12.

Album review support will be included in our upcoming release.

It will be possible to import album reviews when importing an Helium 11 database or if you already have performed the import, to be able to just import album reviews via a script (visual guide)

Album reviews can be edited via the context menu of an album if no review exists, and if a review exists also via the review section in album details.

>> as well as the "now playing sidebar" that features the artist bio, lyrics and suggested tracks.

In the upcoming Helium 12.1 you will have the possibility to dock the Play queue in this pane.

We also plan to implement more actual "Now playing" things, which is tracked in this report:

http://support.imploded.com/discussions/topics/9000015444

If yuo have any specific requests for contents in the planned now playing tab, please post these in a new ticket.

Login or Signup to post a comment