Start a new topic
Answered

I am not happy with helium 12

Every thing works very slow, to add a folder with 30 000 tracks takes a halve day.

to open the library takes 30 sek.

if i add folder with more then 30 000 tracks helium stops wit an error.

with the previos version helium 11 every thing goes quicker

Best Answer
Update
now every thing is running ok, its looks that there is a problem with my win 10 instalation.
now i have intalled Helium on a new Maschine with a new windows setup.
i  just added 6600 tracks an it takes 1 hour and 28 minutes.

1 person has this question

Which database type and Helium 12 version are you using Wolfgang?

If you use Sql Server Compact (default) with the most recent beta you can inactivate page statistics to get better performance.

Adding 30.000 tracks should  not take "half a day" though, I can complete that operation in a couple of minutes with files from my NAS so this seems not to work properly.

You are welcome to contact us via the Customer support, support.imploded.com, for more in detail help and analysis of your system.

Hi, I agree with Wolfgang. I'm not happy with this new version.
 In my opinion the new usability is not well accomplished.
Where is the last.fm- button in the player?
Where is the right panel with album and track info (biography etc.; only lyrics are available)? 
Why can I not edit tracks from an album while playing this album? HMM says "there is a file in use. please try later".
Now, all entries are hyperlinks. A click to play a song depends always if I hit the letters or the space between them.
Speed is to slow (Win7*32, H12 default installation SQL)
The "hover"-Effect in music explorer isn't fast enough to follow my mouse gestures.
Why should I stop playing tracks by right click on album picture in the player, useless function
CTRL+A works fine, but marking with mouse doesn't work
And some other things I cannot explain in full here.
BR
Matthias

2 people like this

>>Where is the last.fm- button in the player? 

This function is removed, Last.fm can be toggled from Options. Were there any specific functions from that menu which you are missing?

>>Where is the right panel with album and track info (biography etc.; only lyrics are available)?  

From version 12.1, the Play queue can be docked into here also. Now playing information is planned to be included for an upcoming version, requests for this cna be found in the "feature requests" forum where it's status can be followed/tracked.

>>Speed is to slow (Win7*32, H12 default installation SQL)

Without knowing how many tracks you have in your database and if this applies to a specific view or not, it is unfortunately not possible to give you a good answer.

Please provide us with additional information and we will be able to assist you further. Preferably by opening a new support ticket at: support.imploded.com for the quickest handling if you are registered.

>>The "hover"-Effect in music explorer isn't fast enough to follow my mouse gestures.

Might be related to some specific tasks you perform and/or a node in the Music Explorer?

>>Why should I stop playing tracks by right click on album picture in the player, useless function

The context menu is not valid for the album picture, it is connected to the player scope.

>>CTRL+A works fine, but marking with mouse doesn't work

We made some quick tests in various views related to this and could not reproduce any issues at all.

Sorry for the "fuzzy" replies, but without having more specific details about what's slow and what's need to be done to reproduce an issue, it is not possible to be more detailed.

We always try to give people assistance when they have issues with our product, so please take further contact with us for more in detail help.

Answer
Update
now every thing is running ok, its looks that there is a problem with my win 10 instalation.
now i have intalled Helium on a new Maschine with a new windows setup.
i  just added 6600 tracks an it takes 1 hour and 28 minutes.

>>Where is the last.fm- button in the player? 

>>>>This function is removed, Last.fm can be toggled from Options. Were there any specific functions from that menu which you are missing?

I want to decided if a song should send to last.fm everytime via the player panel, just like before.

>>Speed is to slow (Win7*32, H12 default installation SQL)

>>>>Without knowing how many tracks you have in your database and if this applies to a specific view or not, it is unfortunately not possible to give you a good answer.

Please provide us with additional information and we will be able to assist you further. Preferably by opening a new support ticket at: support.imploded.com for the quickest handling if you are registered.

We have only 40k tracks in SQLexpress and the system is too slow. Now we bought a new Win10 65 bit (i5 K6600). But we cannot import the old DB because of missing SQL-installation.

So we would appreciate a german speaking board.

Das Board gibt es schon:
https://helium-fans.info/

1 person likes this

The board should be online, to get support related to migration help etc, please use the official support channel.

The link to the board is:  https://helium-fans.info/