Start a new topic
Answered

Artist field in Albums View

First of all, I am using HMM 11 Premium, is is still possible to get queries answered for this version?

I am using the default Albums view (using the default "Album - Artist" view).  

If I click on customise I can see that the visual fields are set as follows:

- Field 1 : Album

- Field 2 - Artist

etc

This seems to work fine when the "Album Artist" field is blank i.e. it displays the "Artist" filed as expected in Field 2.   

However, if the "Album Artist" is populated then this is displayed in Field 2 even though it is supposed to display the "Artist" field.  Put another way, the "Album Artist" (if present) seems to override the "Artist" field in the Albums view.  Is this correct?

Apologies if this has been discussed already or is documented but i was unable to find anything relevant.

Regards Richard

Best Answer

Hi Richard,

>>First of all, I am using HMM 11 Premium, is is still possible to get queries answered for this version?

We will help to see if we can give an answer to a specific question, but the recommended way to do this is to open a support ticket in our Customer center, http://www.imploded.com/support/customer-center.

What we will not be able to do is to create bug fix versions and similar release related things.

Regardig your question:

Yes, it is correct that it will override the Artist field. Artist is automatically generated (if not set) and album artist will override it.

Hope this helps.

Answer

Hi Richard,

>>First of all, I am using HMM 11 Premium, is is still possible to get queries answered for this version?

We will help to see if we can give an answer to a specific question, but the recommended way to do this is to open a support ticket in our Customer center, http://www.imploded.com/support/customer-center.

What we will not be able to do is to create bug fix versions and similar release related things.

Regardig your question:

Yes, it is correct that it will override the Artist field. Artist is automatically generated (if not set) and album artist will override it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mikael, that clearly answers my query.  Kind regards Richard

Login or Signup to post a comment