Start a new topic
Implemented

New Statistic: Bar Chart by YEAR

I would like to see the distribution by year of my entire collection. Something looking like "Played Weeks" in "Listening Habits", but by year in collection instead.

1 person likes this idea

Should it be based on tracks from year or which exact data would you like to see?
Yes, tracks by year. A better way to understand my collection seeing tracks distribution by year.

Ok, but is it added year (when the track was added to your library) or release year (from tag) that you are interested in?

My interest is from tag (release year), but a configuration option would be nice, so we can have other visions and it can also be useful to other people as well, selecting favourite one for daily use.

Thanks for your feedback. Added date should not be neccesary I think since it is already available in the file type trend chart.
It would be another way to see the same thing, though (in numbers). In fact it would be nice to know how many tracks I have been adding by year (in this case just numbers would be enough for me). So, if it doesn't hurt, added date could be also nice.

Releases by Release Year
SELECT ReleaseYear, COUNT(Album_ID) FROM `tblalbums` WHERE ReleaseYear > 0 GROUP BY ReleaseYear ORDER BY ReleaseYear ASC

and Tracks by Recording Year

SELECT recyear, Count(Detail_ID) FROM `tbldetail` WHERE recyear > 0 GROUP BY recyear ORDER BY recyear ASC

would be my wish to see.

@Sven: Yes, these stats makes sense I think.

Implemented in:

http://files.helium.fm/helium_12.0.14315.0.exe

(General statistics tab)

1. Having too many decades to deal with, years appear averlaid each other. Vertical text will look better. (see picture)

2. I would like to see the horizontal lines (same Added Trends pattern), so it gets easier to read.

sshot-1.png
(6.96 KB)

Please retest with:

http://files.helium.fm/helium_12.0.14317.0.exe

I do not have enough decades in my test databases to get the same effect as you, so if some issue remains, possibly you can share your DB with me ? 

It's not necessary, it all ok now. Thanks.

There's a typo: "Releases by recording year" should read "Tracks by recording year".
Maybe add a new tab "Collection timelines"?!

Besides that, the result looks great.
Well, there are 228 releases in my database with release year "2009", but despite of that, Helium shows 5033 items in "2009"...
I guessed there are 5033 tracks with release year "2009", but in fact there are 4921...

Now I have a big question mark above my head...

Login or Signup to post a comment