Start a new topic
Not Taken

change the term "release" by "album" !

hi,

it is the first itme in 25 years of digital music managing that i saw the term "release" instead album   in a software ! even, i did not see it at all on any online store at all.

i was confused at first because i searched it ("where is my album view !?"). lucky i am, you still keep the icon of a record to help us !

but i would prefer Album !

In music, "release" means : reissue, remaster, special edition, deluxe....  on album item.

so, i really do not understand why you choose "releases" instead albums !

best regards

ps : i suggest you a feature like the "override translatation feature" in Joomla CMS, which is very userful because people can name & custom any words  on his own personal desire-way.

1 Comment

Hi,

We choosed to use the term "Release" because a release that can show up in this view can be an album, an EP or event a single track (e.g. digital download).

Our thought was that the term release should be used, and release type should be use to more specifically set which type it is.

At the moment we have no plans to change it, but if it will be upvoted we will of course consider to do it.

>>ps : i suggest you a feature like the "override translatation feature" in Joomla CMS, which is very userful because people can name & custom any words  on his own personal desire-way.

We are using a native technology for the platform so this is unfortunately not possible at the moment.

Login or Signup to post a comment