Start a new topic
Solved

Script "Update to another file type" is not reflecting in STATISTICS > TOP File Types

I have been updating some filetypes to FLAC and would expect that the number of these filetypes decrease (in Statistics>Top File-types># items), but it seems that it's not updated.

This is no issue. Please read all about it here (mentioned in the end)

http://support.imploded.com/discussions/topics/9000016099/page/2

I already know this thread and from I believe it is not exactly the same situation. I understand that increase/decrease are not tracked now, meaning that if a certain file type quantity decrease, the original information get lost, as it had never existed, but the quantities match with current state (real).
I noticed that this is not the case, since I expected that the file type items went down, even that the number of items it had before get lost.

>>I noticed that this is not the case, since I expected that the file type items went down, even that the number of items it had before get lost.

I'm not fully sure what you mean then, if you update from MP3 to FLAC, then FLAC should in that case increase in amount and MP3 decrease.

Is that the case and if so, can you reproduce it with a small test DB?

I've just checked with my database. I changed filetype for 13 tracks from MP3 to FLAC.

MP3s decreased from 27604 to 27591, while FLAC increased from 2855 to 2868.

So everything works correct here...

>>So everything works correct here...

And same for me...

Replacing MPC files, that are not fully supported. Could it be the reason to not work as expected?

Possibly, I can unfortunately not test that myself since I have no MPC files.

Can you test with another filetype (MP3 > FLAC) ? 

I have done MP3 > FLAC also, but but didn't pay much attention since mp3 is my major file type. I payed more attention to the file types that I want to extinguish.
I suspect the problem also occurs with m4a files. Will observe MP3 > FLAC migration and report here my findings. Thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment