Start a new topic
Answered

Android app stopped working since last update

Hi. The streamer app for Android got updated yesterday. Since the update all I get is the logo screen. The connecting text is displayed for less than a second. Before the update the streamer was working fine. I have restarted my server and deleted and reinstalled the software on my phone. Phone is OnePlus 3 with Android 6.0.1.The streamer service is working as I can play music via browser without problems. Music manager is still version 11.5,which I will upgrade to to version 12 as soon as the problem resolves. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Best Answer
Hi, The new version of Helium Streamer for Android requires Helium Streamer 3 Premium to work. Users who are eligible for a free update to Helium Streamer 3 and/or Helium 12 will have their license keys in the Customer Center already. We will start to notify all existing customers of this by email shortly. Sorry for the confusion but there were so many changes in both the new Helium, the Streamer and the mobile apps that we weren't able to make it backwards compatible. Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this.
1 Comment

Answer
Hi, The new version of Helium Streamer for Android requires Helium Streamer 3 Premium to work. Users who are eligible for a free update to Helium Streamer 3 and/or Helium 12 will have their license keys in the Customer Center already. We will start to notify all existing customers of this by email shortly. Sorry for the confusion but there were so many changes in both the new Helium, the Streamer and the mobile apps that we weren't able to make it backwards compatible. Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this.
Login or Signup to post a comment