Start a new topic
Solved

Calculate Music Key irregularity

Using version 12.0.14273.0

When using "Calculate Music Key" inside the tag editor, it performs the function, but it doesn't save the result, as soon as you press the "Next" button to move to the next track the result vanishes and is not saved to the tag.

When using "Calculate Music Key" via Script Call in Music Explorer/Track/Album views it functions as intended about 80% of the time, but the other 20% it will display the "Scripts Completed Successfully" dialogue box immediately after the scripts starts, even if 100 songs (or more) have been selected for the script to process.

The only work around I have found is by loading them to the "Play Queue" screen first, then running the script from there.

Thanks for your report Raymond.

We have been able to reproduce the problem with that the value is lost when clicking Next > in the Advanced Tag Editor.

>>When using "Calculate Music Key" via Script Call in Music Explorer/Track/Album views it functions as intended about 80% of the time, but the other 20% it will display the

The script will only calculate the key for files that has no content in the key tag-field, so if a file contain any data in that field, that file will be skipped in the calculation process.

We did some sample tests related to this and it behaved like it should.

If you need to calculate the key no matter if data exists in the field or not, you can easily modify the script to do this.

I have narrowed it down a bit further, from artist view, select "all tracks" link, highlight the song/songs, press ctrl-shift-s (navigate top menu, or r-click highlighted tracks), select "Calculate Music Key" and execute script, it will bring up the "Scripts Completed Successfully" box without processing any of the selected files.

Also, R-clicking/scripts/calculate (Album View) on the album photo processes the script as intended on all the files within the album, but R-clicking/scripts/calculate (Artist View - Discography tab) doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the updates Raymond, we will analyse them further and hopefully be able to include this in the upcoming fix release.

>>I have narrowed it down a bit further, from artist view, select "all tracks" link, highlight the song/songs, press ctrl-shift-s (navigate top menu, or r-click highlighted tracks), select "Calculate Music Key" and execute script, it will bring up the "Scripts Completed Successfully" box without processing any of the selected files.

We tried to reproduce this case and debug all data that was send to the script, but during our tests the proper data was returned when the script was invoked as described from this view.

Does the same happen for any artist for you?

Do you have the possibility to test if this occurs on a small test database with one artist only?

it happens on every artist in Artist View/All Tracks tab, I created a new database (Microsoft SQL Server 2014) and added 1 album folder containing 18 tracks, it still happened.
would be happy to upload my database file (75mb zipped for full or 439kb for single album) if it would help.

Version 12.0.14281.0 update has resolved the issue I was having as well. Thank You

Login or Signup to post a comment