Start a new topic
Answered

Streamer on Android problems

I have tried a handful of personal server options for my quite large music collection and thought that Helium might finally be the solution I was looking for, so much so that I actually PAID for a server license (those who know me well will attest that I rarely pay for anything I can get around).

Now for the problems:

The Android Streamer app is next to useless.  Most of the time when I launch it, it will get to the username/password screen but then not allow me to enter anything in the fields.  I have managed to connect, and I can see and play any track from my library (I usually have to resort to uninstalling/reinstalling, force stop, clearing cache/data, etc. to be able to log in) but even when the app works there are some issues (which are also present in some form in the html application)

I can see that I have over 8,000 5 star rated tracks in HMM,  but according to the Android app I have none (although if I browse to any of the 5 star rated tracks they do show up as having 5 stars).  This is my biggest complaint as the main reason for wanting to use this app is to be able to shuffle play my 5 star rated tracks on the road.  Which leads to the next issue/feature request.

There is no shuffle option that I can see, and it looks like you have to manually add every song to the queue (except for the option to play whole albums that I found).  Also, I would love to be able to sort albums by year under the artist listing.

Don't mean to complain endlessly, but I have been working on a solution for what truly seems like a simple request for a loooooooooong time, and after finally forking out some money I had really hoped it was solved.

Best Answer

As Helium 12 and Helium Streamer 3 is now out you should use these to stream music as these are the products that will receive updates and fixes.

Answer

As Helium 12 and Helium Streamer 3 is now out you should use these to stream music as these are the products that will receive updates and fixes.

I just tried to reproduce this problem on my setup (Windows 10, HMM 11.5, Samsung S4 device with Android 4.4.2) but it worked as it should.

I tried both over my LAN and over my DynDns address.

Unfortunately we have no Samsung Galaxy Mega device to test with. Do you have any other device you can test with ? 

I can try on an S7 Active, but if it doesn't work on my phone then that's a bummer. Will update when I've had a chance to try a different phone. 

If you have Helium Web Streamer you can try to connect to that service also (it will run on a different port).

Also, you should be able to test if it works with Helium 12, I can send you the neccesary links if so.

(It can be used parallell to HMM 11)

I have also problems to play  on my Huawei phone and also on my Medion tablet, also when i connect from an other Pc i can see all tracks but the streamer says "unable to play track" 

Hello William,

>>The Android Streamer app is next to useless.  Most of the time when I launch it, it will get to the username/password screen but then not allow me to enter anything in the fields

Which device and which Android version is the device running?

We are using it on multiple devices without any problems. (Samsung, Huawei and Sony devices).

Also, please let us know if you are using Helium 11's remote service for connecting or if you use Helium Web Streamer's service.

>>There is no shuffle option that I can see, and it looks like you have to manually add every song to the queue (except for the option to play whole albums that I found).  

>>Also, I would love to be able to sort albums by year under the artist listing.

Thanks for the feedback, we will analyse this further and possible implement this for a future version.

Using the Helium Streamer app on a Samsung Galaxy Mega running Kit Kat. Helium Streamer is running on a Windows 10 pc with HMM 11.5. 

Login or Signup to post a comment