Start a new topic
Answered

own plugins

are there any guidelines for creating plugins for helium?

Best Answer

Not really,

A download plug-in is a component that will add extra features (e.g. downloading from other data sources not supported by us), without the need that we rebuild the application.

Plug-ins can have different purposes and we do not offer a plug-in API to control Helium (which can be made by using the WebAPI), but for downloading information in various ways there's an exposed API ad mentioned above.

(Compare with the various Winamp plug-in types that are available, in the end it of course relates to which kind of plug-in @Igor would like to create though :)) 

(ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_(computing))

so i saw API before, and wanted to know if something like guideline for creating is existing. but after looking to sourcecode of last.fm plugin i give up. this is for me mission impossible right now. maybe next time, after hard study of programming language :)  i wanted plugin for download images from google, because bundled plugins dont give me exact images i want. so for now i will search manually :)

Answer

Not really,

A download plug-in is a component that will add extra features (e.g. downloading from other data sources not supported by us), without the need that we rebuild the application.

Plug-ins can have different purposes and we do not offer a plug-in API to control Helium (which can be made by using the WebAPI), but for downloading information in various ways there's an exposed API ad mentioned above.

(Compare with the various Winamp plug-in types that are available, in the end it of course relates to which kind of plug-in @Igor would like to create though :)) 

(ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_(computing))

Hmm is think that has nothing to do with a Plug-In System..

A Plugin-in System is a own Software which used a API - Interface.

That is what you can not use with Helium.

Helium has no Interface which you can use for Control Helium itself.

greets

Login or Signup to post a comment