Start a new topic
Solved

Loosing filter (Editing tags / alternating views)

I don't know if it's planned to work this way, but if I filter something in Releases View (filter box) and switch to other view and than come back
to Releases view, my filter is gone. I would prefer it were kept.

If I filter something in Releases View, let's say that I want to refine tags of a specific band, each time I edit tags, the filter is gone.
I would prefer it were kept.

I also noticed that when the filter is gone, albums return sorted by ALBUM NAME, but I have set to sort first by release year, second by album name in OPTIONS>VIEWS.

If you want to get your filtered results back, you need to go back - when you click on releases view again, you get a fresh view. ;-)

In case of alternating views it does work. Anyway, if I set a filter I would expect it to be kept in any case.

In case of editing tags, going back doesn't work.

And after editing tags, it also returns to a sorting order that is not what I have chosen.

Just as Sven says, this is not bug. As long as you are using the arrows filters will be kept.

This is to mimic the navigational states as withing a web browser.

>>In case of editing tags, going back doesn't work.

>>And after editing tags, it also returns to a sorting order that is not what I have chosen.

Can you please describe this further?

Please include all steps such as active view, active filters and active sortings

Options>Views> SORT BY:Release year (desc), THEN BY: Album (asc), THEN BY: No sorting

1. Releases View>Active filter: zz top>3 Dots>Edit tags
Then the filter:"zz top" is gone (zz top is still in the filter field), as was no filter at all, and the album sorting is Album name, no more the release year

2. Releases View>Active filter: zz top>FILE>Add Music> Add a new ZZ TOP album

Then the filter:"zz top" is gone (zz top is still in the filter field), as was no filter at all, and the album sorting is Album name, no more the release year

3. "Going back" does not restore the previous filter too.

After the filter is gone, "zz top" is still in the filter, so to get it filtered again I have to remove the last character "p" (not in this specific case, but maybe getting more albums) and having to include "p" again.

Thanks, we have reproduced this and will analyse it further.

Implemented in helium_12.0.14248.0.exe

Login or Signup to post a comment