Start a new topic
Implemented

Display of multiple artists

(I mistakenly posted this in the section for Helium 11 instead of Helium 12, so I'm re-posting)

This is something that I'd requested on the old Helium forum. I prefer for artists that are "featured" or "with" (or similar designations) to be included in parenthesis. Thus, I want the artist to look like Big Country (feat. Kate Bush). That is how I structure my tags before importing into Helium. However, when I separate the artist into multiple artists, the parenthesis are removed, leaving Big Country feat. Kate Bush. I know that this is a minor quibble, but having the featured artists in parenthesis like this really helps me view and work with my music. Would it be possible for Helium to support this sort of feature (perhaps allowing a user to decide how to demark the additional artists)?

Thanks!

Hello, it shall be available from Tools > Options > Visual > Show parenthesis for multiple artists.

Sadly, this still isn't working as I'd hoped because HMM is still rewriting the tags to my music files without the parenthesis, thus changing the work that I've spent a long time getting to look just the way I want it to. Can HMM be further changed so that the parenthesis are kept in the tags?

Also, when I use HMM to split the artists, HMM also rewrites the Sort Artist tag in the file. Again, I've already taken a lot of time to get these tags to look the way I want them to.

I want HMM to help me find and play my music, without changing the tags that I've worked on. Is that possible?

This was only implemented as a visual fix for this release. It is of course possible to implement it when writing tags also.

Please open a support ticket for this via http://support.imploded.com so that we can gather more information for further reviewing.

>>I want HMM to help me find and play my music, without changing the tags that I've worked on. Is that possible?

No tags will be changed when browsing & playing music, with the exception of play counters. (If selected).

Which kind of tags are changed when you browse and play music ? 

Login or Signup to post a comment