Start a new topic
Implemented

Display of multiple artists

(I mistakenly posted this in the section for Helium 11 instead of Helium 12, so I'm re-posting)

This is something that I'd requested on the old Helium forum. I prefer for artists that are "featured" or "with" (or similar designations) to be included in parenthesis. Thus, I want the artist to look like Big Country (feat. Kate Bush). That is how I structure my tags before importing into Helium. However, when I separate the artist into multiple artists, the parenthesis are removed, leaving Big Country feat. Kate Bush. I know that this is a minor quibble, but having the featured artists in parenthesis like this really helps me view and work with my music. Would it be possible for Helium to support this sort of feature (perhaps allowing a user to decide how to demark the additional artists)?

Thanks!

Hi!

Our current multiple artist implementation works by having this display form:

<Artist><Space><Command><Space><Artist>[<Command><Space><Artist>...]

Perhaps a solution would be to support this display form instead:

<Artist><Space>(<Command><Space><Artist>[<Space><Command><Artist>...])

This would mean that an artist with two featured artists would look like this:

Artist 1 (feat. Artist 2 & Artist 3)

Do you think that would work?

Absolutely. My preference is to show featured or similar artist designations in parenthesis to help set them off from the main artist. So your solution would definitely work for me, though I'd still love to see this implemented as an option that users could select.

If we will implement it we will definitely make it an option.

Thanks for your input. We will take this into consideration.

I'd like to have them displayed the same way.

By manually editing it is still impossible to bring the feat. artist in parenthesis or am I wrong?

No it's not.. At least not if you need to split up the artists individually.

Sure if not they weren't shown in featured artists discography

I am working out an example of all combinations and I will upload it to support when ready

I'm sorry but I think I gave you the wrong answer. I thought you asked whether it was "possible" but you asked if it was "impossible".

There is currently no way to show artists in the way described in this thread. We need to evaluate the feature described above in order to support this.

ok,

the problem I have after adding an featured artist artist1 feat. artist2 is now the song is not shown in full tracklist neither in artist1 nor in artist2, but this comes with the test files

Now that we're several iterations into HMM 12, I wanted to check to see if this feature was still being considered.

Hi Michael,

At the moment we are working with a hotfix for Helium 12.3 which only will contain fixes for reported problems.

After that version is out we will start with the next big update where we will review this feature request.

This will be implemented for your next release.

1 person likes this

Excellent! Thank you very much.

I've downloaded and installed HMM 12.4 beta. Can you tell me where to find the option to include featured artists in parenthesis?

Login or Signup to post a comment